ABWA - Sept 6th and 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hubby has to see the Dr prior to diving again. When we did our cert dive his ears gave him a lot of problems both on dive days and 3 weeks afterwards. So we're going to be safe and he's going to the Dr.'s monday am. So what we've decided to do is to bring the kids so that they can snorkel with him and enjoy their day too and I'm going to dive. I just need to find a buddy who'll not only dive with me but know too that I'm not near as experienced as I would like to be.

Buoyancy is my issue...or the lack of. lol There's the area I need to work on.

Debi

I hate to hear that. (No pun :p) I had the same issue after my AOW classes. I couldn't clear or even barely hear after. It took almost a month and a half to actually be able to do anything. (I tried telling my wife that if I dived more often, this would happen less. lucky your husband is. ;P)

I'll be glad to help you out. By NO means am I an instructor nor do I have my buoyancy completely dialed in but, I can help out.

Michael

I'll be there right around 9 am. We will be driving a red ford ranger with a tool box. I am soooo excited.

I'll see you at the gate. Hopefully in the front of the line. :wink:

To all: I GET DIBS ON PARKING!

:wink:

Michael

Awesome! I'm packing all my gear right now...looking forward to meeting y'all :D

Generally, people start lining up at the gate 'round 8am, especially those with trucks and trailers who want to get good parking spots. The gates don't open until 9am....so if you wanted to avoid the "mad rush", I'd get there around 9:15...if not having a close parking spot is OK. That way, everyone who was waiting at the gates will already be inside, and you won't have to wait...

Great! Hopefully Frank and I will be there right at 9AM Saturday.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Michael

I meet you acouple years ago in March at Bluewater. Are you bringing doubles?

Sounds like a plan....we may stop and have some breakfast on the way then. How do I find you? Better yet, you can call us at 205-482-6856..that's the cell (hopefully we'll get reception) lol .

I can't wait to meet everyone.

Debi

I meet you acouple years ago in March at Bluewater. Are you bringing doubles?

Oh yeah! I remember. that young handsome lad! :wink: (I just looked at your profile picture. :p)

Naa, I wish I had some. If I had my doubles wing, I'd ask someone to let me try a pair but, with out it, I don't want to risk it. (Plus, I'd have to break down my singles reg and move everything over to the other one. To much time to mess with it. :p)

Michael

Sounds like a plan....we may stop and have some breakfast on the way then. How do I find you? Better yet, you can call us at 205-482-6856..that's the cell (hopefully we'll get reception) lol .

I can't wait to meet everyone.

Debi

Me or Medic? :)

I SHOULD be the only big one-armed guy. Otherwise, you should have my number. I'll add you as well.

Michael

Likewise, I SHOULD be the only one trying to use a Miata as a dive-mobile :D

However, the last time I was there, there was another Miata! :shocked2:

If there just happens to be two late model gray-silver Miatas, mine is the one with the "Alabama Paramedic" bumper sticker, the dive flag license plate holder, and a 25 year old spiky-red-haired chick driving it

Back
Top Bottom