ABWA report Sat. 3/3/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Arrived at ABWA at 1:00 pm for 3 dives including a night dive. Met up with LPI and Corallinedream and made 2 afternoon dives. First dive was to 107 ft for 2 mins and then on to bus for the 20th time. Located spots for Corallinedream to attach glow lights on our second dive to be used during the night dive. I think this was a neat idea. Although vis was around 30 ft on our first dive,by the night dive I would guess it was closer to 20ft. Air temp on the first dive was 66F with and strong breeze from the SW. Made for chilly SI's. Water was 57F at 107ft and 54F at 70ft.
The best dive of the day was the night dive. It was my first as well as Corallinedream's. We joined Rocketman and his friend Jim along with Eric from Divesports and a couple of others, although I did not get names. Brad from Divesports took some pictures on the surface. Maybe he will post them here.
I loved the night dive. It was a great experience and now I must do it again. I was just trying to prepare for night diving in Bonaire by getting a couple under my belt before the trip.

I had great fun with all those who were there. It was good to meet the guys I had not met before.

Clay,
I'm just now beginning to warm up...how about you? On the 1st dive, my computer recorded 52F as the low temp. One thing about diving in the winter...no thermocline...it's just cold top to bottom.

Wow, that sounds like warm water to me.... sure wish our quarry would warm up. Maybe I need to get over to pelham next week :D

RocketMan:
Clay,
I'm just now beginning to warm up...how about you? On the 1st dive, my computer recorded 52F as the low temp. One thing about diving in the winter...no thermocline...it's just cold top to bottom.

So Harry, just one dive again this time? :shakehead

What part of the quarry did you dive on the night dive? Did you buy you some cool new dive lights? How did you navigate..compass?

Need more details Clay :)

We dove to the sailboat and bus. Cold it was but warmer then Feb. 10th.
Harry did make 3 dive with the last one being at night. I think I got the next day.

snepdiver:
We dove to the sailboat and bus. Cold it was but warmer then Feb. 10th.
Harry did make 3 dive with the last one being at night. I think I got the next day.

Clay, what did you do...economize and answer my, RocketMan and Harry's questions with one post? :wink: You are allowed to speak...you can post more than one time in a thread...I know from experience..:D

Details Man Details....so did you buy a new dive light or what???:)

I had one light and I bought another one to use as a primary.I also bought a tank light.

haha Dawg....I was just thinking the same thing. That sounds positively toasty compared to the 42 deg we had at 76 feet the other weekend. Wasn't any warmer than that at the lake last Sun either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom