ABWA - Dive Report #1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haha Sounds like you were narced, be careful!! Did you hit any DCLs?

I was within 1 minute of deco according to my Aeris computer (Pelagic brains). The dive actually ended up being a bit scary. I had omitted swapping my 4.5lb keel weight for my 9lb keel weight due to an abbreviated pre-dive checklist (fixed that issue now). I also was carrying an AL 80 stage which I had breathed down on the prior dive and on this dive continued to breath down to about 1,000 psi. So, I was 4.5lbs light and carrying a buoyany stage. When my back gas hit around 1,800 psi I started feeling light (135 FFW at this point). I signaled to begin an ascent, all the time getting more any more buoyant (remember I'm ascending, in a dry suit, and at the same time breathing the gas that his holding me down). I was able to maintain a controlled ascent to around 65' or so at which point my ascent became uncontrolled. I was able to slow myself by grabbing rocks, branches etc but not to completely arrest my ascent.

I walked myself through the DAN neurological work-up once I got on the surface and found that I wasn't bent :) Scary.

Yeah when he swam thru he went from the back to the front and was going thru the windsheild when it hit him. Last thursday i dropped in the front door and went out the back it was pretty cool and it really lets you know if youv'e got your bouancy under control. In OW moving up or down 2-4 feet isn't that big of deal but inside of a 5 foot tall (actually wide since its on its side)you can really tell.

But yeah come with us sometime for some LOW viz, we dove a private lake that on the surface i was vertical and couldn't see my blue fins on my feet.

Back
Top Bottom