ABS 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keeth1123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can the aqualung abs 2nd stage regulator be used in either position? Purge button facing up or facing down?

Yes, it has a side exhaust.

i second the Egress. It is a better regulator. It is balanced and cold water rated.

It's cold water rated if used with a sealed Apeks first stage. Their words, not mine.

Copies from the link posted by diversteve. "If used with an unsealed first stage then it is only recommended for warm waters, but is suitable for cold water diving when used with any Apeks environmentally sealed first stage."

Either one works fine in either direction Keeth. Hopefully, you'll not ever need to use it.

My quoted reference was actually from the ABS - not the Egress. ABS Octopus

yes it can be used in either position. i have one currently. i have also owned the apeks egress. i was told they are the same. i liked them both.
our shop here teaches with the alternate 2nd stage on the left side. i love the fact that i can donate it or use it myself from the left.

Back
Top Bottom