about tattoos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm surprised the younger generation isn't embracing the new technologies available for tattoos.

Like being invisible/different in UV light.
Magnetized ink.
Del-Sol inks - changes colors when exposed to sunlight or UV light.

Lastly, why not? Embedded Blutooth...

Most artists I talk to won't even consider any of the first three options... they just make for sh*tty tattoos. The inks really aren't that good and need touching up a lot more often than more traditional inks.

I'm assuming your last option was purely a joke.

I have 10 tattoos and a piercing. My tattoos are not in any way controversial (flowers, dog portraits, beach scene), yet I still get judged. I get stupid questions and glaring looks (mainly from older people), but I didn't get any of these tattoos for anyone but me. The image is controversial, but the final decision is yours. Just know that most people will look at it in a negative light.

I have 10 tattoos and a piercing. My tattoos are not in any way controversial (flowers, dog portraits, beach scene), yet I still get judged. I get stupid questions and glaring looks (mainly from older people), but I didn't get any of these tattoos for anyone but me. The image is controversial, but the final decision is yours. Just know that most people will look at it in a negative light.

You know what they say - when a guy sees a girl with a tattoo he thinks: "Hrrrmm, there is a girl who can make a mistake she'll regret the next day...."

;-)

batsintheattic.jpg

Nah, no chance that would send a negative message about you or your judgement. No chance it would hurt you employment chances. Parents would love to have you train their kids. Any op would love to have you represent them. Any resort would clamor to have you down by the pool running DSDs. Plus, there's absolutely no chance you'd ever regret it. Go for it!

I agree with RJP on this.

I might question your sense of self preservation, if I saw that tattooed on you.
I have a lot of tattoos myself, as for employment impact, I haven't experienced any.
But I work in a community where tattos are common. I'm prior service Army and have worked as a contractor for the Army and Air Force.

I currently work over seas for the Navy and Marine Corps, so full sleeves are still very common.

Having my ability to earn my daily crust negatively impacted has not happened to me. It just depends on where you are working, it goes without saying that tattoos are more accepted in some circles that others.

Content is everything....celebrating suicide with images like that one, is not going to go over well with most people.

As for having tattoos, I personally choose to dress well and not walk around looking like a bag of dicks (to use an Army expression).

Spend as much money on your wardrobe as you do on tattoos.

-Mitch

I'm excited to get into diving and considering even a career in it, but I'm also looking forward to getting a tattoo on my lower back that extends up my side... the tattoo has some controversial themes in it... could a tattoo like that in that location get in the way of my diving career?

Most defintely yes.

Back
Top Bottom