About Puerto Galera, Phillipine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steponwind

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
:)Dear divers

I will go to Puerto Galera in Aug. or Sep., for diving trip and class.
I like to know some information,
althought I read those information in other related thread,
there's no further information about local accomondation, etc..
I like to know is there any local home stay or cottage around Small Lalaguna Beach,
cause I want to save some money to stay there longer both for my trip and class.
If you stayed there, could you kindly help me for some information and contact method.
All I need is clean bed, with mosquito net and electric fan, and clean toilet with shower.
of course better have power supply after the sun go down.

And is there any cuisine that I have to taste or anything I have to do in PG.
I been looking foward this trip for almost two years,
I don't want to be regret after I back from PG.
Hope to share your experience,
Thanks and best regards.

Steponwind

:wink:

A nice place to stay is the Terraces. I believe it is now called the Steps & Garden resort now though because they forgot to renew their business name with the authorities and lost it!

The rooms are individual bungalows with a fan, more than cool enough for this time of year and with a beautiful view of the sea.
I stayed there in July or August last year and the rooms were about 600 - 800P per night (I think, could even be a tiny bit cheaper).

I have an email address and website but i'm not sure if they are up to date:

booking@email.com / tamarind86@hotmail.com

http://www.2go.it/stepsgarden

Have fun

Joe

HI There, I just got back from PG last Sunday. I am currently in Taiwn also! I stayed at the Portofino resort, it was quite nice. I think you made a right decision on staying at the small lalaguna since it got great snorkeling right off the beach and not too far away from Sabang (where all the actions are). I believe there are a couple of home stay type of establishment there but I apologize for not remembering its names..... However, when I was there it was all vacant since it is slow season. Maybe you can just head out there and decide where you want to stay when you get there since there will be room available. Well, that is only if you are comfortable with this kind of arrangement. Diving is ok, the vis is not the best right now...... No big fishes as usual but there was turtles. Wish you the best and PG is certainly a very nice place to go.:)

I was in PG right on Sabang beach a couple of months ago really enjoyed it. Place I stayed at was pretty good got a deal for training and accomodations together, saved a lot actually. Sabang beach isn't nearly as nice for hanging out on the beach but the snorkeling is excellent all along the beach. I found the various restaurants all along Sabang were really good to excellent not to pricey and a good variety of options. As well the night life in Sabang is a bit more lively than other local beaches. web address of the place I stayed at is www.sabang-inn.com

Dave =-)

I've visited PG a couple of times and each time stayed at La Laguna Beach Club and Dive Centre . Enjoyed it a lot - pleasant place and dive instruction/supervision was very good. If you are thinking about classes/training, consider this place.

They are at Big La Laguna beach (which is next to Small La Laguna Beach, which is next to Sabang). There are a number of cottages around there, on the beach, but I have no details. A couple of girls I dived with were staying in one - it certainly sounded like a cheaper deal than LLBC (not that LLBC is what I would consider expensive, but if you were on a tighter budget I'm sure you can get cheaper) . Anyway, I'd touch base with LLBC - enquire about training and whether they can recommend cheaper accom at a cottage elsewhere.

Cheers!

Dear all

Your information is great,
I am really looking forward this trip right now.
I may go in Sep. although not the best season of PG,
but mainly my trip is for Nitrox Course and relax.
I will have my course in Asia Diver Diving Center.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Steponwind

:wink:

As some one else pointed out, its not a busy time in PG so you could just show up and find something. But if you want to book ahead and since you will be diving with Asia Divers I suggest you send a message to instructors@asiadivers.com and ask Dave to help you arrange a place to stay. You can tell him Drew told you to do it.

If you want peace and quite then Small Lalaguna is a good choice, I lived there for 2 years (I did DM and Instructor through Asia Divers when I was between jobs, in February I went back to work and now live in China). Have Dave check if Erling or Cita have rooms available (I lived in Erling's place).

If you want a bit of night life then stay in Sabang, as mentioned before the Terraces is a good place to stay. Its elevated above the noise and gets a nice breeze. Asia Divers can help you book that as well.

The diving is really good in PG and Asia Divers runs a good operation. Enjoy yourself and safe diving.

Drew

Hi Kevin,

I'm in Tianjin and you are right about not many divers. I know of a group in Beijing that dive in the aquarium there, but I haven't tried that. Last time I was wet was during the May 1 holiday when I went to Puerto Galera, Philippines.

I think the Beijing group is in Hangzhou this weekend diving in a lake.

Drew

Ouch ! Tianjin. Please accept my sympathies.

You shoud try the aquarium, I've done Aquaria 21 here a couple of times - if you are into photography then there is almost nothing better than having an 3M Sandtiger shark float past you at less than 12" eye to eye (I was photographing another and nearly needed a new wetsuit after that) ! See attached.

Hangzhou ? I didn't know there was any diving there although there is a valley 4 or 5 hours from Shanghai where you can dive on a flooded village - supposed to be cool. I also heard that it was a BJ group that run the tank fills down there.

Except for the aquarium I haven't dived for 15 months - pressure of work - but my wife and I are off to Bali in under 2 weeks so looking forward to getting wet again and having another batch of photos to work on !

Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom