Abacos Dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikejsharp

Registered
Reaction score
Just found this site - looks like a great resource!

I'm taking my boat to the Abacos at the end of May and plan to do some diving while there. I've been looking for directions and gps co-ordinates of some dive sites there - I've seen general information in dive books but no specifics on locating. Does anyone have gps co-ordinates or directions they could share?

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere. I tried searching and was not able to find information I could use.

Thanks

I know this is probably too late, but maybe it'll come in handy for someone else.

There are several buoyed sites in a preserve called Fowl Cay. It's off Man O War Cay, and very close to Marsh Harbour by boat. Pretty much any nautical chart should have it marked, and when you get there, the buoys are easy enough to find. Some coordinates there are:

Fowl Cay - Pinnacles N 26° 38.23' W 077° 02.31' 10-16 m
Fowl Cay - Forereef N 26° 38.40' W 077° 02.36' 8-12 m

Also, I heard great things about Sandy Cay, although I didn't make it there. It's another marine preserve and apparently has nice wall dives. General vicinity is:

Sandy Cay, forereef N 26° 23.87' W 076° 59.31' 1-6 m
Sandy Cay, backreef * N 26° 23.87' W 076° 59.31' 2-7 m

Although that's probably a little shallow for diving, there are sure to be mooring balls nearby.

DM

mikejsharp:
Just found this site - looks like a great resource!

I'm taking my boat to the Abacos at the end of May and plan to do some diving while there. I've been looking for directions and gps co-ordinates of some dive sites there - I've seen general information in dive books but no specifics on locating. Does anyone have gps co-ordinates or directions they could share?

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere. I tried searching and was not able to find information I could use.

Thanks

Thanks. You are right, sandy is too shallow for what we were looking for. We did dive Fowl and had some good dives. Lots of sharks. We dove several areas outside Green Turtle.

Had a great trip - 10 days over to Walker's, down to Marsh and back. Lots of Conch and fish.

MS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom