Abaco Caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there any videos for the blue holes in Old Robinson's Bight on the southeast cost of Abaco? I know there are like 21 blue holes there but don't know of videos unless there caves have other names.

There are only 3 "allowed" cave guides in Abaco, Brian, Crisitnia and i believe a biologist/geologist? who worked with them both during exploration and research trips.

Cristinia from what i know doesn't really do too much cave diving or at least the paid to guide stuff. She does a lot with her shark stuff though. Guiding the caves Brian's bread and butter.

Brian still dives nearly every day, exploring his caves on his sidemount rebreather.

Have you dived Mexico? Caves are similar to that and not at all like a high flow of Florida. You have the time due to no flow, but you need the co-ordination to get round some of the delicate features. But Brian is a pro and can sus you out at the start and pick the route for you competency.

The Bahamas has been hit hard by this COVID thing and tourism has suffered. Brian went on his first paid gig today since February! We believe that the 14 day quarantine for the Bahamas will be rescinded in the near future, the PM has already said they are looking into as soon as possible. He (Brian) is very active on his facebook and we (The Bahamas) are eager to have to you here!

That was the feeling I got from looking at her website, she is much more open water focused these days. And any cave diving trips would probably be if our schedules aligned.

I have been to Mexico and dove sidemount only caves including a couple of very very low sidemount only passages (where I put my fins straight, suck in my gut, and pull with the tips of my finger). I also spend a non-trivial amount of my diving time in Peacock.

I talked with Brian, he mentioned the VIP might be going away. If that happens it aligns with my idea of taking a long weekend.

Awesome, the VIP will be going, its just a question of how quickly!

I would love to get back up to dive with Brian but need the money and when i have the money its because im working and cant take the time off! I have a local breakwater made of blocks to practice my cave skills in so very jealous of people who have easy access to actual caves!

Hopefully it works out, I've lived in Florida since 2000, and I've never made the journey over to the Bahamas.

Looks like I might be able to see the Glass Factory early next year.

Bahamas Announces New Travel and Testing Protocols

Then on November 1, any tourists arriving in The Bahamas with a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than seven days before their travel will be able to skip the mandatory “Vacation in Place” requirement.

Yup getting better for you!

I am still waiting to hear how we do the day 5 test as usually my charters are at sea for between 4 and 7 days...not sure where we get a covid test on day 5 in that case!

I am still waiting to hear how we do the day 5 test as usually my charters are at sea for between 4 and 7 days...not sure where we get a covid test on day 5 in that case!

Maybe a waiver to do it on day 4 or day 7?

My wife and I took Intro to Cave with Brian Kakuk in Abaco last week, 2-7-21 through 2-12-21. After we got our the pre-travel COVID test results the turnaround for the Bahamas health visa was about an hour. Brian knew where to go for our 5th day COVID test and it all went off without a hitch. The 5th day test also got us back in to the US. I was a wonderful trip, I highly recommend it!

My wife and I took Intro to Cave with Brian Kakuk in Abaco last week, 2-7-21 through 2-12-21. After we got our the pre-travel COVID test results the turnaround for the Bahamas health visa was about an hour. Brian knew where to go for our 5th day COVID test and it all went off without a hitch. The 5th day test also got us back in to the US. I was a wonderful trip, I highly recommend it!
How long are you having to quarantine now that you're back?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom