Abaco Caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Once all this Coronavirus quarantines rules are rescinded I was thinking of taking a long weekend in the Bahamas.

Anyone dive them before, at what level of cave diving skill would be appropriate to dive those caves?

Several times. Excellent.
Full cave, preferably sidemount. Stage training helpful. CCRs OK.

You should be an experienced cave diver with outstanding buoyancy control. If you are not a sidemount diver, some caves will not be open to you, but you can still have an extraordinary time with the ones that are available for backmount.

Take a look at some of the videos of the diving there. Those caves look like they were decorated by Tiffany's. If you lose buoyancy control and take out a section of spectacular decorations, that memory will haunt you the rest of your life.

My two days of diving in Dan's cave are the highlight of my diving life.

Agreed. The Glass Factory is the ultimate.
Brian takes you to non-fragile parts of the cave systems first, and assesses your skills. He is not reticent to say, "let's not go any further."

Agreed. The Glass Factory is the ultimate.
Brian takes you to non-fragile parts of the cave systems first, and assesses your skills. He is not reticent to say, "let's not go any further."

@tursiops. Thank you for highlighting The Glass Factory. All I can say is WOW and stunningly beautiful.

Take a look at some of the videos of the diving there. Those caves look like they were decorated by Tiffany's. If you lose buoyancy control and take out a section of spectacular decorations, that memory will haunt you the rest of your life.

Sidemount diver, but yeah the videos are what is attracting me. Without them I wouldn't consider the high costs.

Well, then, it's simple. If you are a cave diver, Abaco has to be on your list of future destinations. It has to be.

Reggie had made it clear that when it was time for me to do Bahamian caves, that Cristina Zenato was my person to see.

Reggie had made it clear that when it was time for me to do Bahamian caves, that Cristina Zenato was my person to see.
You don't have many options, and you can't go wrong any way you go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom