AAA diving on the Elysium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
really folks, this is the best vessel on Oahu. She had new trim tabs installed and the engine runs smooth as silk. I have loved this boat from the day she arrived. "Elysium" says it all. Captain Chris---what a laid back knowledgeable guy! I don't know what it is about those Florida guys but they can fix everything. My inflater on my Halcyon eclipse has been an ongoing problem. Well, he showed me how to unscrew the button (I thought you needed tools) and clean the inside and grease the o-rings with silicone( not W/D 40!) Remember, guys petro products and rubber is a no-no? So, now I am happy as a clam and all good to go.

We dove "The ledge" (I have to help Alex with these white bread names) a stellar site that he found and made a mooring with a 85 lb salvaged anchor at a secret location. I would say twice as good as Fantasy Reef. Lots of very healthy big coral heads and many fish. There are ALWAYS sharks, he swears, and I found two very large (6 ft) white tips under a cavern ledge and I had my divers crawl under and get very close. The sharks seemed comatose. Turtles galore and then we saw a huge bat fish of some type, looked like a big platter, silver with a couple yellow stripe markings. In four years here I have not seen one, I will look him up. This site is 8 miles from the sewage spill a couple weeks ago, so another reason to be happy. Water temp 75 F. All our divers today from LA or somewhere in Cali so we had a reunion going on! Superb dive with 150 ft viz!

Aloha,

They confiscate my camera when I am on DM duty so no pics, but tomorrow I have a big surprise for the image hungry tech types.

yeah, the elysium looks like a great boat! wide too, seemed very roomy.

they were moored at "pinnacles" last week when we pulled up and were about to drop anchor... their capt. said, no need... just tie off to us! very neighborly bunch =)
thank you.

pinnacles is another good site they frequent, avg 80ft, consisting of a series of house-sized rocks arranged in a "U-shape" sporting another resident 6ft white-tip, lots of huge turtles, moray eels, garden-eels, large 4ft jacks, and a gigantic hawaiian stingray 5ft across!

isn't Alex still the captain? Thank Goodness I have a sinus infection- I mean really, who wants to dive while the conditions are good? JK. If it isn't one thing, it is another. Someday I will have to take the refresher class so I can dive again (it has been 3 months now). I would much rather drive to Sand Island than Hawaii Kai. I can sleep in 30 minutes longer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom