AA airfare sale till 7-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prop Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was just checking on my miles on the AA site and came across this:
https://www.aa.com/netsaaver/viewNe...positoryName=undefined&repositoryId=undefined

"Purchase your tickets on AA.com by July 11, 2012, and begin travel between August 15, 2012, and February 2, 2013. All travel needs to be complete by February 7, 2013".
I can get CZM from ORD for about $450 in mid to late Sept. That's about as good as it gets recently. I hope they will not drop flights from lack of interest and use this sale as a gauge (airlines can/will do that).
Depending on dates and connections you may have to do the CUN bag drag, but for me they usually offer me a CUN to ORD non-stop. Right now AA is offering the usual ORD to CZM direct and connect in DFW route on some dates in Sept. Looking for divers and a good time that works for a fall trip to the island...
Hopefully see ya there.

Last edited:
I was checking prices for my sept. trip and found these cheaper prices and jumped on it. I got $478 from okc. That is the cheapest i have ever paid. Usually in the $550 range.

---------- Post Merged at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:53 AM ------

---------- Post Merged at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Last edited:
Go into the transactions knowing where the airline is today. AA is currently being courted by other airlines looking to be "bought up" or merged with. AA is also well protected right now under Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection. AA has laid off thousands of employees and the lay off still continue at all levels. Do not expect a whole lot if flying AA these days.

Funny (to me anyway) personal AA anecdote.....the last AA flight I took was about 3 months ago and it was from Dallas to Boston. It was an absolutely full flight where I was seated in the middle with a very large person on one side and an average sized woman on the other side. With about half an hour left on the flight, I went to the washroom and seated myself again. When I went to put my seat belt on, the make clip end came free in my hand (as in it was no longer bolted to the seat - I had, in my hand a male buckle, a length of strap and a bracket that should have been attached to the seat frame). Since the flight was ending and there was not another seat they could move me to, I simply slipped the male end into the buckle, laid the belt across my lap and hoped they did not crash.

My take from that is that over the years, AA has let their maintenance slip on their aging fleet.

I have the opposite problem with AA. They keep cutting back and consolidating flights, meaning it makes it harder and harder to get anywhere on AA without an overnight somewhere.

I don't mind paying a fair price for my flight, but I wish they could get me where I need to go with reasonable expedition.

Go into the transactions knowing where the airline is today. AA is currently being courted by other airlines looking to be "bought up" or merged with. AA is also well protected right now under Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection. AA has laid off thousands of employees and the lay off still continue at all levels. Do not expect a whole lot if flying AA these days.

Funny (to me anyway) personal AA anecdote.....the last AA flight I took was about 3 months ago and it was from Dallas to Boston. It was an absolutely full flight where I was seated in the middle with a very large person on one side and an average sized woman on the other side. With about half an hour left on the flight, I went to the washroom and seated myself again. When I went to put my seat belt on, the make clip end came free in my hand (as in it was no longer bolted to the seat - I had, in my hand a male buckle, a length of strap and a bracket that should have been attached to the seat frame). Since the flight was ending and there was not another seat they could move me to, I simply slipped the male end into the buckle, laid the belt across my lap and hoped they did not crash.

My take from that is that over the years, AA has let their maintenance slip on their aging fleet.

I completely agree on the maintenance and aging fleet. I regularly flew Continental between IAH and CZM.. Around the states it was usually Continental, United (before merger) and Southwest.. Then I ended up on American our last flight out to Miami. Twice(!) the planes broke down on the way there.. They all looked circa the 80's with tube TV's if they had them at all.. I'm tempted to look at the rates the OP posted about since it has been far too long since I was on Coz but I won't look forward to flying with AA even if its a good deal..

PS. Don't sweat the seat belts.. I read a study (or maybe a report - might need to consider the source) that in fewer than 4% of commercial aviation crashes the seat belt mattered at all.. :X

---------- Post Merged at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Wow.. $216 super saver AUS to IAH to CZM Sept 21st depart, return on the 30th.
Of course, that's before taxes and I didn't check on their bag pricing, etc..
Regardless, it has been a long time since I saw anything in the sub $200 range before taxes.
As Prop Joe said.. They could be using this to sniff out interest.. But, I may be willing to roll the dice at that price.

Purchase your tickets on AA.com by July 11, 2012, and begin travel between August 15, 2012, and February 2, 2013. All travel needs to be complete by February 7, 2013".

I would use caution only because they are in Bankruptcy. Remember this from just one month ago..

American Airlines cuts flights as more pilots call in sick

One paragraph reads.. Meanwhile, American was also expected to announce Wednesday the next step in its plan to eliminate 1,400 management and support jobs by late summer.

Hope all goes well, but don't forget good trip insurance.

Hey Joe!
what are your dates gonna be? Retired lady like me might have to show up for some diving, if I am not already here. :D

I was just checking on my miles on the AA site and came across this:
https://www.aa.com/netsaaver/viewNe...positoryName=undefined&repositoryId=undefined

"Purchase your tickets on AA.com by July 11, 2012, and begin travel between August 15, 2012, and February 2, 2013. All travel needs to be complete by February 7, 2013".
I can get CZM from ORD for about $450 in mid to late Sept. That's about as good as it gets recently. I hope they will not drop flights from lack of interest and use this sale as a gauge (airlines can/will do that).
Depending on dates and connections you may have to do the CUN bag drag, but for me they usually offer me a CUN to ORD non-stop. Right now AA is offering the usual ORD to CZM direct and connect in DFW route on some dates in Sept. Looking for divers and a good time that works for a fall trip to the island...
Hopefully see ya there.

Hey Joe!
what are your dates gonna be? Retired lady like me might have to show up for some diving, if I am not already here. :D

I gotta check with Fred, my older pilot friend. He's a real character, you would like him. We may take his plane down? I'll let you know after I know more. Kim can't go because of her work. Fred is not really into the big boy boat stuff yet. He just had his third knee replacement surgery last week. If he can't go then I'll try and maybe get Nick to go.
Nick owns the local dive shop and has been on me to take him to the island and meet everyone for years. Nick would be all over the big boy boat thing. He does many Lake Michigan trips in the fall, so I gotta see what he's up for. It would be great if we could get some diving in together. Heck I'd even go by myself and we could be buddies? Give me a few days to get some dates together.

Well, this figures. I buy my ticket, then a few days later - too late to salvage, the price goes down $100. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom