AA/AAA Battery Charger that I can recommend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
For those of you using AA batteries in your cameras/strobes I recommend this MAHA, Model MH-C801D, AA-AAA battery charger.
I have used this charger both here on Maui and on my trip to the Philippines.
It works on international current with the plug adapter for the corresponding country.
It has rapid and soft charge settings as well as a re-condition setting for constantly used and/or older batteries.
You can charge from 1 to 8 batteries at a time and the progress of each battery is displayed in the window.
I purchased it from Thomas Distributing for around $70.
I also use their "POWEREX" batteries

charger.jpg

Powerx batteries are the best IMO. They will last and Thomas Dist. sells them at resonable prices. Dee turned me on to them years ago.( THANKS DEE ) If there is something better out there for the same type money I would love to hear about them. If got the International World MHC401FS Charger it only does 4 batteries at once but since I have 6 sets its never an issue but your 8 battery charger looks like something I could ask Santa for.:D

Question for ya. What is the highest MaH rated NimH battery on the market now ?? I used to use them but at that time I think the max rated battery was around 1800 MaH. I just came back from a week long liveaboard and I used AA lithiums in my camera. I brought 5 sets of 4 with me and changed them out every morning. After getting home I wondered if I should be considering going back to my charger and rechargeable batts. I have the Lemnar charger. It was rated on par with the Maha back when I bought it. It's a 4 battery charger that takes about 1.5 - 2 hour to get a total charge.

Intertested in your reply ...

'Slogger

MAHA POWEREX 2500mAh Rechargeable Batteries are the highest powerx batteries I see on their web site but they offer some 2700mAh by sanyo industrial.
My charger will do
slow setting about 2hr for 4 AA - 2500
Fast setting about 1 hr for 4 AA- 2500
Usually its fast but thats what manual said

Not sure what Gilligans will do on 8 batteries.

cardzard:
Powerx batteries are the best IMO. They will last and Thomas Dist. sells them at resonable prices. Dee turned me on to them years ago.( THANKS DEE ) If there is something better out there for the same type money I would love to hear about them. If got the International World MHC401FS Charger it only does 4 batteries at once but since I have 6 sets its never an issue but your 8 battery charger looks like something I could ask Santa for.:D
Because I am deeply geeky I actually did some testing:
http://scubaluke.home.mchsi.com/batteries.html
And sure enough Powerex do come out better. However Mike_s found some (I think from a recommendation in this forum) called Powerizer that are almost as good and not much more that $1 a battery.

As to chargers, I've got the smaller Maha 204W and I really like it. It doesn't have an external power brick and it works with any voltage/frequency combination that I'm likely to encounter.
Luke

cardzard:
MAHA POWEREX 2500mAh Rechargeable Batteries are the highest powerx batteries I see on their web site but they offer some 2700mAh by sanyo industrial.
My charger will do
slow setting about 2hr for 4 AA - 2500
Fast setting about 1 hr for 4 AA- 2500
Usually its fast but thats what manual said

Not sure what Gilligans will do on 8 batteries.

Under two hours for a "soft" charge of 8 2500 batteries. Over 12 hours for a re-condition of 8.

Yah, I just got one too..
Pretty kewl..heheh.. if I can figure it out with the little lcd/led whatever it's called.....
so far so good... with powerx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom