Paralenz Vaquita Battery Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HolyDiver54

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Fellow Vaquita Owners. I am preparing for a dive trip and am attempting to charge the camera. However, it does not seem to want to hold a charge. I plug in the camera via the USB and then disconnect it an hour or so later to check on the charging progress and the charge display indicates that there is no charge. In the quick start guide I noted it recommends to maintain the b attery by charging it every second month when not in use which I have done. By not charging it every other month, in the collective experience and knowledge of the group, have I killed the battery and if so, what do I need to do to replace it?

Thanks!

Hello Fellow Vaquita Owners. I am preparing for a dive trip and am attempting to charge the camera. However, it does not seem to want to hold a charge. I plug in the camera via the USB and then disconnect it an hour or so later to check on the charging progress and the charge display indicates that there is no charge. In the quick start guide I noted it recommends to maintain the b attery by charging it every second month when not in use which I have done. By not charging it every other month, in the collective experience and knowledge of the group, have I killed the battery and if so, what do I need to do to replace it?

Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your issue. Have you tried leaving your camera 'charging' for a longer period, such as a couple or few days? If you try doing that, be sure to leave the camera in a cool place as it generated some heat while charging. The technology built into this camera "eats up" lots of battery power, thus the reason for frequent charging. I actually recharge my Vaquita 2 at least twice monthly, or even weekly just to ensure it's fully-charged. I know, a pain in the rear, but to save the battery, and the camera's survival, well worth the effort. It's an incredible camera!

I neglected my Gen2 for a couple of months and worried when it didn't want to start up again. I left it plugged in for 24 or 48 hours and it came back nicely. No apparent battery issues for me, but your mileage may vary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom