A620 housing, who has one already, and where from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr:
jklassy, that's how mine arrived also. Has been on 4 dives so far with the housing and no problems as of yet. I do wish they's make an adapter for it soon, I've had to rig something up to make it fit to my base tray. So far it works.

midwestdvr

How about a wide angle adapter? The lens port shape does not look to optimised for supplementary lenses.

When they first came out in 03? I bought the A70's and the canon housing. I leak tested it in our pool, without the camera. First dive, it slowly filled with H20, found out it was a defective housing (only the lever that switches between camera and review leaked (if you held it one way firmly) Hard not to when diving in cold water with 5mm gloves or Dry gloves. Needless to say it ruined the camera. I had purchased the camera just weeks ago from Kits and their "expanded warranty" they replaced the camera, the Canon housing was replaced by canon (out of the box defective)

I strongly suggest purchasing the 'expanded'--not 'extended' warranty, read the fine print! Mine covered water damage (It said nothing as to how the water got to the camera!)

My next camera will likely be an A620 with a Ikelite case and Inon DX125 strobe, just waiting to find the treasure box on the bottom?

Tim

Hi all. I've been researching the Canon A620 together with the Canon WP-DC90 U/W housing, and so far it looks like a real good combination. Next step is to determine what tray, strobe, etc., combination works well with it. Anyone care to share the pros/cons of their A620 combos? Thanks -- Mach

Back
Top Bottom