A620 housing, who has one already, and where from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLdiver

Registered
Reaction score
I picked up the A620 from Office depot because they are running a $60 rebate and I got an dditional discount. My dilemna, I am leaving for vacation in 4 1/2 weeks, and it looks like the only place to get the housing is either through Canon (full price around $240) or on Ebay (don't know if authorized Canon dealer)

Has anyone received their's yet, please let me know from where. Thanks.

Hey FLdiver -
I just bought the A610 housing from J&R on Amazon, and I should be getting it in a few days. It was aboud $170 like Tom said.

Tom - I just checked out Dell's price on the A620 (because I JUST bought the A610 seconds ago), and they're selling it for about $360. Not sure where you saw $284, but if it's out there, I'll cancel my order!!

Thanks, I'll check J&R. The camera at office depot is $399. I received an instant rebate of $60 (supposed to be a mail-in, but the camera is so new there, they could not find the rebate forms so they gave me $60 bucks off instantly). Either way, it came out to $339 + tax. Fortunately I know the manager there, so I received another $60 off.

lisa_j:
Tom - I just checked out Dell's price on the A620 (because I JUST bought the A610 seconds ago), and they're selling it for about $360. Not sure where you saw $284, but if it's out there, I'll cancel my order!!
It was $284 last week - this week, it's $324. Dell plays a lot of games with their discount codes. Next week, it might be back down to $284 if they have a 20 or 25% off code and a stackable coupon for another $30 or so.
I'm not sure I'd buy the A610 when you can get the extra image size for the A620 for maybe another $60.

FLdiver:
I picked up the A620 from Office depot because they are running a $60 rebate and I got an dditional discount. My dilemna, I am leaving for vacation in 4 1/2 weeks, and it looks like the only place to get the housing is either through Canon (full price around $240) or on Ebay (don't know if authorized Canon dealer)

Has anyone received their's yet, please let me know from where. Thanks.

I just received mine last night. Got it from ebay, from a seller called Hobby Monster. Good price and fast. Came recommended from someone on this forum, but I'm not sure if they're an authorized Canon dealer (they say they are, but I don't know how to confirm that). Also, not sure if my box had been opened or not...the user guide wasn't in a foil package or anything (for those of you who got it elsewhere, should it have been?), the housing was in a bubblewrap sleeve, but not sealed, no warranty card like I expected, but then I learned Canon doesn't warranty accessories, so maybe that's normal??

Hobby Monster advertised no gray market, no refurbished items, full manufacturer warranty etc, but I'm not sure...and don't know how to verify as I have no way of knowing what a "sealed" package looks like. Anyone have any info on this?

Also...does it matter since it's not warranteed anyway?? assuming it doesn't leak currently...is that all I need to be concerned about?

That's how my Canon housing from PC Connection came. If it doesn't leak on the first dive, you'll probably be just fine. Just check that sneaky o-ring religiously every time you dive - I had one try to escape just after I splashed in down in Provo.

jklassy, that's how mine arrived also. Has been on 4 dives so far with the housing and no problems as of yet. I do wish they's make an adapter for it soon, I've had to rig something up to make it fit to my base tray. So far it works.

midwestdvr

Midwest-

Why doesn't the housing fit on your tray / handle?

Blackfish:
Midwest-

Why doesn't the housing fit on your tray / handle?

Something to do with the base. When the screw is screwed all the way in, there is still a gap left between the base of the housing and the tray so that it wiggles all around when on the tray. I used a part of the wp-dc700 adapter and so far it works but still wiggles a bit at times.

midwestdvr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom