A570IS & Ikelite housing -- buttons not lining up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've bought recently a Canon A-570IS.
I had to decide which WP case to buy. The options were two, naturaly. Ikelite 6140.57or Canon WP DC-12.
Finaly I decided to go for the Canon housing based on price and bulkness (Canon housing is smaller than Ikelite Housing) and I paid for the Canon housing 1/2 the cost of the Ikelite housing.
I didn't know if I did the right choice. I've tested the housing in a practice pool going 3.5 meters depth. Everything just perfect. All buttons worked perfectly.
Now, with the coments I you wrote, I'm more than happy that I made the right choice.

Just got my Ikelite housing from Scubatoys and got a great deal from them. :yeahbaby:

Now all I need is that wide angle lens and life will be good!

I had the same problems with my G7 Ikelite housing. Sent it back to be fixed at one point (which from Australia is a pain, I was without my housing for months during summer!!!). Afterwards, the problem buttons worked 90% of the time, but was still be no means perfect. Recently upgraded cameras, and decided to go for something with a little better quality than Ike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom