A word to the wise when dealing with any enforcement authority...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You folks have obviously never dealt with the US CBP officers who I deal with on a regular basis on the job. I’m a licensed customs broker, so I’m dealing with officers who handle cargo/import releases all across the US.

Each port (port of entry, can be inland, such as Chicago, as well as an actual border city) has its own procedures for doing stuff, so trying to keep track of the favorite way Chicago does something, which is different from Detroit or LA, can drive a broker effing bonkers. And it does.

You folks have obviously never dealt with the US CBP officers who I deal with on a regular basis on the job. I’m a licensed customs broker, so I’m dealing with officers who handle cargo/import releases all across the US.

Each port (port of entry, can be inland, such as Chicago, as well as an actual border city) has its own procedures for doing stuff, so trying to keep track of the favorite way Chicago does something, which is different from Detroit or LA, can drive a broker effing bonkers. And it does.
They not only have diffeent ways of dealing with things, they are often wrong in any interpretation of regulations they are unfamiliar with. Woe be unto him who tells the CBP official that they are wrong.

And if you prove it to them, you are doubly screwed.

They not only have diffeent ways of dealing with things, they are often wrong in any interpretation of regulations they are unfamiliar with. Woe be unto him who tells the CBP official that they are wrong.

And if you prove it to them, you are doubly screwed.

You’re familiar with them, then.

:rofl3:

I'm traveling to Saudi Arabia in November for Umrah and some diving in the Red Sea. Honestly, I'm even a little apprehensive about bringing Scubafed with me, now. Does anyone know if they ban pseudo-ephedrine in the kingdom?

Maybe I'll just have to suck it up and clench going through customs.

You’re familiar with them, then.

:rofl3:
Passengers back and forth to Bahamas/Cuba. All legally. They had no idea what to do with us, we were the first legal passenger vessel into Cuba in 63 years.

And to be perfectly honest, they taught me a lot of things. But I taught them some things as well. They don't take it well.

I'm traveling to Saudi Arabia in November for Umrah and some diving in the Red Sea. Honestly, I'm even a little apprehensive about bringing Scubafed with me, now. Does anyone know if they ban pseudo-ephedrine in the kingdom?

Maybe I'll just have to suck it up and clench going through customs.

Google is your friend. Perhaps contact the US embassy there for assistance.

Passengers back and forth to Bahamas/Cuba. All legally. They had no idea what to do with us, we were the first legal passenger vessel into Cuba in 63 years.

I’m not talking about passport control officers. I’m talking cargo. There is a difference. I deal with the practical way things get done with regards to paperwork, how certain things need to be sent to CBP, etc. Not regs based stuff.

I’m not talking about passport control officers. I’m talking cargo. There is a difference.
You are thinking that a passenger vessel doesn't deal with cargo. That's cute.

Google is your friend. Perhaps contact the US embassy there for assistance.

I should have known that. I use it for all my medical advice already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom