A wonderful gem!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbulmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just came across this piece of advice in a different forum and thought I'd post it here coz I think it's one of the most beautiful pieces of advice I've ever heard.

The context was in tech diving but it rings so true of myself right now as an OW water diver that I thought it might be useful for everyone to read. If it's been posted before here I do apologise but well it won;t do any harm doing it again:)

BTW the poster of this gem is a regular on this board - for you seasoned pro's out there forgive my enthusiasm but it's very rare I see something on the internet that knocks me for 6 like this post did.

"If we are to assume that the immature diver is going to dive beyond his training, then yes, he should seek all the training he can get as rapidly as he can get it to lower the risk of those excursions.
However, I advocate a mature mindset for technical diving. It is a veritable epiphany, a revelation of cosmic impact when a diver makes the decision to be mature - to stop attempting dives outside his training, and to take advantage of the lessons to be learned within the parameters set forth by the agency he's chosen to train with.
All of a sudden there is relief. Stress dissolves. Learning occurs. Safety is. Fun happens. Discovery and wonder are manifest. And enjoyment reigns."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom