A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I have said before you do not have to read and comment on my posts if you find them so boring. Just put me on ignore and keep your bad manners to yourself.
Because I really dont care what you think.
If you had actually bothered to read the post to which you refer and digest its content you will clearly see I do not refer to any specific location or people, but if the cap fits feel free to wear it.
Also there are those of us that find the constant sales pitches on discussion forums that emanate from some that subscribe here extremely boring. (from yourself included if my memory serves me correctly)
Freedom of speech is a great thing, I am always very suspicious of those of you that seem to oppose such a right.

Your memory serves you wrong buddy! I am not involved in the dive industry in any way whatsoever (except as a paying customer). Although I'm obviously a lot easier to please than you as I don't feel the need to keep harping on about a couple of 'bad' experiences that happened years ago! I'm also not a Pattaya sexpat:no:

So on the 'pro' points - what unusual creatures and critters is one likely to see in Thailand ?

If you are a good spotter or have a good guide you may see some cool creatures. In the Gulf of Thailand there are saw-blade shrimps, toad fish, spindle cowries, sea horses, xeno crabs and wire coral shrimps to name a few.

In the Andaman Sea you'll find tiger-tail sea horses, Andaman sweetlips, harlequin shrimps, blue spotted jawfish, marble (saron) shrimps, ornate and robust ghostpipe fish, mantis shrimps ("slashers" and "smashers") a large variety of nudi's and flatworms and if you're really lucky a rhinopias (very rare though!).

Reason 64: The diving in the Gulf of Thailand and the diving in the Andaman Sea offer quite different creatures and quite different reefs.

...diving with a Polar Bear must be a once in a lifetime a lot would want ... :rofl3:

Maybe some divers that would like to win the Darwin Award?

Brrrrr, not for me. Polar bears may look all cuddly and sweet but their mouths are too big for my liking....

Reason 65: There's an excellent variety of cold beer available for after the diving like Singha, Chang, Tiger, Heineken, Leo etc...

Reason 66: Cold beer is for sale EVERYWHERE.

You can buy it on your dive boat (sometimes comes for FREE!!!), in 7/11, in "Pops and Moms" shops, in supermarkets and malls, at fresh food markets, from street vendors, from food stalls, on the local bus and in the train, on the beach, on the ferry, at gasoline stations, on the plane and while riding a (motorbike-) taxi or Tuk-Tuk (just ask the driver).

Muay Thai Boxing. If you can't get to the arena, just sign into Scuba Board and go to the Thailand threads (See above). A feisty bunch.

Your memory serves you wrong buddy! I am not involved in the dive industry in any way whatsoever (except as a paying customer). Although I'm obviously a lot easier to please than you as I don't feel the need to keep harping on about a couple of 'bad' experiences that happened years ago! I'm also not a Pattaya sexpat:no:

I wasn't harping on about anything, was simply making a direct reference to two posts 73 & 78. Pointing out the advantages that can come from having a more mature and experienced dive guide or instructor, and yes there are quite a few in Thailand and generally I have found them to be by far the better ones.
These were posts that are quite clearly made (as are yours) by very rude and self opinionated people, (my opinion). As I said before if you do not want to read my opinions I believe there is a facility on these forums so you can ignore my posts, please feel free to use it rather than your bad manners.
For your information I do not and never have lived in Pattaya.

These were posts that are quite clearly made (as are yours) by very rude and self opinionated people, (my opinion).

Yes. NOTHING like Mr. Khram, who is the opposite, of course!

:rofl3:

(guess my joke hit a nerve! Sorry everyone. It was a joke. Stop taking yourselves so seriously. It is the internet afteral, and this is scubaboard, not NASA.)

#67: Green chicken curry. My Similans liveaboard had green chicken curry just about every day. I could have eaten it for every meal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom