A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reason 61: There are no polar bears to worry about when you dive....

Oh come on that's a negative - diving with a Polar Bear must be a once in a lifetime a lot would want ... :rofl3:

So on the 'pro' points - what unusual creatures and critters is one likely to see in Thailand ?

Western tourists... especially the fat old balding ones.

:D

I'm not there yet, but hopefully I will live to be an "old balding one". And someday, hopefully, you will grow up and be one too. Then young immature twerps will make fun of you as well.

:)

what unusual creatures and critters is one likely to see in Thailand ?
With the caveat that "unusual" and "likely" represent a contradiction in terms, some of the critters around here that I love to see and that one may see are ornate ghost pipefish, frogfish, harlequin shrimp, decorator crabs, manta rays, whale sharks, napolean wrasse... and there are others, but I don't have my thinking cap on....

I'm not there yet, but hopefully I will live to be an "old balding one". And someday, hopefully, you will grow up and be one too. Then young immature twerps will make fun of you as well.

:)

Couldnt have put it better myself.
Another reason for diving in Thailand is that at times if you are lucky you might find one of the 'old, fat, balding' dive professionals that reside here, the ones who actually have some diving experience under their belt, and some life experience to go with it, they know how to take care of dive customers and deal with people in general because of their years of experience.
Much better than the immature plebs that we meet on dive boats all too often that are only there for their own jollies, you know the ones that think they know everything because they have done a couple of hundred dives. We have all met them.
Then the reality is they simply dont know or dont care about the customers requirements.

Reason 63 I think?

Couldnt have put it better myself.
Another reason for diving in Thailand is that in some cases there are the element of 'old, fat, balding' dive professionals, who actually have some diving experience under their belt, and some life experience to go with it, they know how to take care of dive customers and deal with people in general because of their years of experience.
Much better than the immature plebs that we meet on dive boats all too often that are only there for their own jollies, you know the ones that think they know everything, we have all met them.
Then the reality is they simply dont know or dont care about the customers requirements.

Reason 63 I think?

Khram... Can you pleeeeease beat a different drum... BORING!:bored2:

With the caveat that "unusual" and "likely" represent a contradiction in terms, some of the critters around here that I love to see and that one may see are ornate ghost pipefish, frogfish, harlequin shrimp, decorator crabs, manta rays, whale sharks, napolean wrasse... and there are others, but I don't have my thinking cap on....
Banded sea kraits at Ko Doc Mai. Zebra or Leopard Sharks (Stegostoma fasciatum) at Shark Point and Anemone Reef.

Khram... Can you pleeeeease beat a different drum... BORING!:bored2:

As I have said before you do not have to read and comment on my posts if you find them so boring. Just put me on ignore and keep your bad manners to yourself.
Because I really dont care what you think.
If you had actually bothered to read the post to which you refer and digest its content you will clearly see I do not refer to any specific location or people, but if the cap fits feel free to wear it.
Also there are those of us that find the constant sales pitches on discussion forums that emanate from some that subscribe here extremely boring. (from yourself included if my memory serves me correctly)
Freedom of speech is a great thing, I am always very suspicious of those of you that seem to oppose such a right.

Back
Top Bottom