A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reason #383 Scalp massage

Getting a haircut here in Phuket has the added perk of a scalp massage during the shampoo--at least at the hair salon (no idea whether this is the case at the barber's). While getting my hair cut today and enjoying the massage, it occurred to me that this is a wonderful little bonus to coming to dive in Thailand!

Reason # 384: The handmade wooden mosaics that can be found in some Buddhist temples.

Thai mozaic.jpg

Does anyone know if Ninja Crepe House in Koh Samui still exists. I need to go back there for some authentic Thai food.

They do still exist but there's so much more authentic Thai food than this place, have a crawl through my Samui info blog under restaurants

OK, explain. What could be more authentic than a couple of Thai women cooking Thai food, in Thailand?

But seriously, any food recommendations greatly appreciated. Ninja was my first Thai food experience so it just sticks out in my memory.

There was a place near the Stadium that did a hot pot type fondue thing that was pretty good too.

On that strip in Chaweng you'll be hard pressed to find 'authentic' Thai food, whether or not cooked by Thai or Burmese women.
Tasty and authentic Thai food can be easily found around the island and is well explained in my blog, you will need to put some research in though. You will not find that kind of food at Chaweng beach road although Ninja did probably the best job possible, considering the circumstances. How many Thai people did you see eat at ninja's, btw?

Come visit me in deepest darkest Isaan. I'd be glad to show you some genuine Thai food, and more!

Perhaps some of Reason #385: Nam Neung - Vietnamese Sausage Wraps

nam_neung.jpg

This dish made its way to Thailand via Lao, especially along the Mekong basin. Very popular in the Northeast now. In the small white bowl are uncooked spring roll wrappers soaking in water. You take one of those, add some greens, some sausage, some bitter fruit (tiny pieces of unripe banana, star fruit, etc.), maybe a bit of chili pepper and/or garlic, and top with the Secret Sauce™.

The above is Nam Neung Udon, from Udon Thani province, which we bought at the local Home Fresh Mart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom