A thank you to Nanaimo Dive Outfitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheWetRookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I would just like to say thank you to Shirley and the Nanaimo Outfitters for accommodating me with fills. I went over to the island mid week for some diving and when I showed up at the shop she had all the air storage tanks apart as they were changing them and it was going to take a while to get them all back together.

Anyway I could not wait that long so she says to give her 10 minutes and she goes into the back. Lots of banging and loud noises and well, the tanks got filled and I was a happy customer :D I think she had a manual pump back there and filled them by hand :wink:

Dove Madrona and Wall Beach. 70'+ vis, 10 wolf eels in two dives. I even got to scooter beside a swimming wolf eel for about a minute and a half before it went into its' den, SWEEEEET :D:D:D:D

So again, thank you Shirley for all you efforts in making my dive trip a successful one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like fun! Did Nanaimo Dive Outfitters provide you with a guide, or just showed you were to go?

I had actually already done these dives before going to the shop, so no and no. They do have a map of Madrona in the shop to give divers and there is a map of Wall Beach on their web page. I was over on the island for 2 nights, I just gave the juicy parts of the trip.

Glad you enjoyed your trip here Mike. We were happy to help you - just sorry you had to wait at all! Madrona is one of the favorite dive sites around here and it sounds like you saw it at its best. We do have many shore dives and can provide a guide any time if you need one. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town.

Back
Top Bottom