Suggestion A suggestion for a Sticky Note in "Intro and Greets" forum...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
RJP

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
How about a a suggestion for bit of a "standardized" format for posting here?

At a minimum, I would suggest listing where you're from in the TOPIC LINE of posts here?

While we're a friendly bunch here and would all extend a warm welcome to any and every new member, I have to believe we'd get a greater response rate by doing so. Further we'd encouraging more connection between folks from the same area.

Sometimes I do open a page or two worth of posts to see where people are from, but more often than not a page of "Newbie here!" posts just seems like more trouble than it's worth.

However, if I could scan through real quick and quickly ID folks from NJ, PA and NY I would ALWAYS make it a specific point to greet every single one of them and extend a personal invitation to come dive out on one of the great dive boats here in NJ.

So - who's with me?

"Not so newbie here - from NEW JERSEY!"

Oh sure!!! Ignore the rest of the newbie divers! We are a WORLD community of divers not just East Coasters!!!!! Make em all feel welcome!!!!!!!

Ocean One:
Make em all feel welcome!!!!!!!

OK - you're ALL invited to come dive in NJ!

To quote Sherrif Brody in Jaws...

"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

1Jawsbrody.jpg

I would love to see more people fill out their profile pages a little better. I like to know who I am talking to. You know what I mean?

You've been here a year, and you post a suggestion in the Intros forum instead of the Suggestions forum....? :silly:

We'll maybe a Mod will move it for you...??

If I hadn't read RJP's above post, I very well could have posted a generic "Hello all" post in my introduction. I never would have read his post if it was in the suggestion forum. So until the mods make their own stickie in this forum, I'm glad RJP posted his suggestion here. Nothing silly about it.

Gail_Berke:
If I hadn't read RJP's above post, I very well could have posted a generic "Hello all" post in my introduction. I never would have read his post if it was in the suggestion forum. So until the mods make their own stickie in this forum, I'm glad RJP posted his suggestion here. Nothing silly about it.
Oh, it's fine to disagree - that's why we have discussion threads. Never take it personally.

Actually, I found the thread dying on page 3, posted on it last to get it to the top. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom