A stupid, stupid question….

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IvanM

Registered
Reaction score
Well I am about to order a UK dive light….and I have a great dilemma….yellow or black??? Black seems more ‘’technical’’, but the yellow should be easier to find if a drop it in shallow water….as I said, a stupid, stupid question….any thoughts?

:06: :06: :06:

Yellow. When you drop it, you want to be able to find it.

Trust me :wink:

I agree - when you drop it (and you will) you'll be glad you got yellow

But if you can find a pink one, no one will steal it either

my gf got me a yellow one for christmas last year, at the time i wished she'd gotten me black..now i'm very glad i got a yellow one...as has been said..much easier to spot..anyway..nearly everyone has black, as far as i've sen anyway...yellow is cooler cause it's rare..;D

IvanM:
Well I am about to order a UK dive light….and I have a great dilemma….yellow or black??? Black seems more ‘’technical’’, but the yellow should be easier to find if a drop it in shallow water….as I said, a stupid, stupid question….any thoughts?

:06: :06: :06:

Say it with me.... personal preference.

When you drop your light, it will most likely be WHEN ITS ON. Otherwise it should be attached to you.

Yellow does have advantages should you drop it some other time, but i would think that would be unlikely.

ScubaSixString:
Yellow does have advantages should you drop it some other time, but i would think that would be unlikely.
Yeah, you would think so :14:

JeffG:
I have a UK, and I bought the black one, because the yellow one clashed with my other pink stuff. :joke:

But really, I have a black UK, and it's been great--really like the 'natural' light.

JeffG:

words of wisdom

also, permanently attach a cement block to the light so that even if
someone is tempted to steal a pink light, they won't be able to

Back
Top Bottom