A steel tank stamped with an exemption number?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueDolphin

Reaction score
If a steel tank from PST has an exemption number stamped on it.... how do you know if the exemption number has been renewed? I have a tank stamped E9791 hydroed in 7-98. Due to be rehydroed next year... BUT only if the exemption number has been renewed.

How can I find out if the exemption number has been renewed?

Thanks for any info.

Yea.... I have an email into them. I am pretty sure the exemption number has been renewed.... as they have some technical info posted on their website with regard to special instructions on the hydro's.

Just thought someone here might know if it is a concern.

Thanks.

PST is now using that same exemption number for all of the NEW PST HP cylinders...

This exemption is current. Please go to the website and download the tech bulletin to take to the hydrostatic retester to make sure they use the correct procedure for retesting and do not damage/destroy your cylinder by using incorrect testing limits.

www.pstscuba.com is the site.

Good luck...

C_C

I received an email from PST (within a few hours).... they sent me the PDF format to print out and take in with the tank.

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom