A rainy day in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been there when it was so rainy and windy the port was closed.

We bought Spanish SCRABBLE and stayed in he room.

Boo Hoo..for those that know what I mean.

ggunn:

this picture happens to be correct but more often than not , the forecasts are really off here. So never get too stressed out about what the forecast says.

We have gray skies and intermittent rain. It started late yesterday afternoon. Dive boats are still out though, no lightening, no heavy winds. A little rain never hurt anyone :wink:

Christi:
A little rain never hurt anyone :wink:
Heh, mabye, but I've seen how flooded the streets can get in Coz after a short afternoon storm :).

Christi:
this picture happens to be correct but more often than not , the forecasts are really off here. So never get too stressed out about what the forecast says.

We have gray skies and intermittent rain. It started late yesterday afternoon. Dive boats are still out though, no lightening, no heavy winds. A little rain never hurt anyone :wink:
Always funny when it's raining to watch people trying to stay dry while they change into their wetsuits to go for a dive.

Christi:

Claro. When we were gearing up for our trip there last month, on the day we left, the Weather Underground and the Weather Channel both were predicting thunderstorms every day and night throughout our visit. It rained only twice (light 10 minute showers with no wind or lightning) during the whole 12 days, and there was plenty of sunshine.

That big blob of orange on the satellite photo looks pretty ominous, though; I'm glad to hear that it's no big deal.

Christi:
We have gray skies and intermittent rain. It started late yesterday afternoon. Dive boats are still out though,no lightening, no heavy winds. A little rain never hurt anyone :wink:

If there had been lightening, your hair would have looked like this:
statichair.JPG

Photo taken at Cayman Brac. There was lightening, but not that close. Stupidly, or not, we went diving anyway.

Two of my fondest memories of Coz where in the rain. First was during an ascent and I looked up to see the surface of the ocean being hit by big raindrops. The other was riding scooters though 12" deep water in the city using trash can liners as ponchos (old Boy Scout trick).

Back
Top Bottom