A question for the women diving dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StreetDoctor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My fiance's drysuit (tls 350) should be here in about a week and she hasn't bought any undergarments yet. I would say her cold tolerance is a little lower than average. Our water temperatures are going to be anywhere from 40-60F. What undergarments are you ladies using and finding work the best? She's pretty tall so she's having a bit of difficulty finding something that fits good. She's 5'11 and about 140lb. Does anyone use women's 4th element Artics?

Thanks
Nick

edit: LOL, just noticed the title... I'm very tired sorry.

My girlfriend uses the Fourth Element Undergarments and Love's them. We use the "Arctic" for most dives during summer in early season or just colder temps we will use an extra layer underneath that "XT250" or Under Armor will work. The come in Tops/Bottoms so you can Mix/Match Sizes to get a good fit.

Awesome. I also use the artics and love them. No one local has the size that supposedly will fit her according to their sizing guide (16-18). She's a little worried about that because her regular clothes are a 6/7.

I use the Whites MK3 undergarment, and I love it. It's warm and soft and flexible and can be washed. But I'm short, so the S undergarment fits me well. I don't know what someone 5'11" would require, but it would be at least a large, and that might be way too big around.

When I was looking at the 4th Element stuff, they didn't have a women's version (do they now?) and the men's was cut entirely wrong for me. But it might work better for your girlfriend, because one of the big problems was that the pants were way too long in the rise, and the waistband on the smalls was ending up in my armpits.

I feel for your girlfriend as I have little cold tolerence and our water temps range from 48-53F. The Bare Super hi-loft keeps me quite comfortable on dives up to 90 minutes. I'm
5'4" and wear an XS so have no idea how the larger sizes fit

Otter bay makes a custom 12mm hood which ads quite a bit of warmth. Wetsuits

Friends call me a woman when it comes to the cold. I am 5'11" and 160lbs and currently use the DUI400gm, but would happily use a Whites MK3. I do use a base layer of fleece which is just a Columbia sweatshirt and some fleece pants underneath. The base adds on about another 100gm.

I totally agree with Kathy on the Otter Bay hood. They are the best!

Back
Top Bottom