A post for a friend (Jim Lapenta)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim,

I am so sorry to hear about the downturn and hope that Denise remains comfortable throughout her journey. May the happy memories of all your time together help support you and your family!

We are still here. Things are winding down though. Metabolism is so slow that we have elected to not do the evening tube feed. At this stage all it would do is build up in her stomach and cause unnecessary discomfort. everyone else has gone home for the night. Her mom is 75 and is just worn out. She has devoted the last 20 years of her life to caring for her daughter. I am glad I was able to give her a break for the last 10. I have been making calls and sending texts. I need to post and do this because if I just sit and watch it gets too much. A few minutes here and there keeps me from falling completely apart. She looks so peaceful and calm. The color is slowly going and her forehead is cooler. I have no idea why I'm telling you all this, other than I feel that for the last 4 years scubaboard has been as much a part of our family and life together as anyone who is actually here. I also need to stay awake for her. I'm so afraid if I close my eyes and sleep something will happen. Maybe more later.

You and your family are in our prayers. While I've never met you in person, from your posts, I can tell you have enriched each others' lives beyond words. I'm sure you already know that, but perhaps hearing it from someone else will bring you some comfort.

Jim, words seem so hollow right now but you are in my thoughts!
I am praying for you both. Peace be with you both as well.

When words can not express tears take their place.....you are not alone Jim.

Our thoughts are with you both. Take care.

Jim, may you find strength and peace during this difficult time.

Exactly. Prayers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom