A post for a friend (Jim Lapenta)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thoughts and prayers for peace and strength for you and your family.

Terri

Jim, I'm so sorry to hear this. May her passing be as comfortable as possible.

Peace be with you and your loved ones.

It's still difficult even whe we know things aren't looking so well.

I just spoke with Jim, he is staying at the hospital. So far, there has been know change. He now has his computer, so he will be online a little later. He sends thanks to all for prayers, and well wishes.

as Joe said I now have my comp here with me. There has been no change. She is comfortable and breathing on her own. slowly but still breathing. There is some evidence of response but that may be wishful thinking on my part. Last BP was 72/28. respiration 10-14. she is a fighter but is also so worn out and tired. She has lived with the MD for 37 years and been through so much. This last seems to have been too much. I just got a call from my son in the mideast. It took the red cross less than 4 hours to find him. God Bless them. I am holding up and falling apart at the same time. When it happens I don;t know how I'll be. My only concern in talking with her mom is that she had a good life since we have been together. We did more things than most able people do. She showed me how to live. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. We will need them even more making the next decisions that this involves.

So sad, may God be with you and her. I once heard it said that we eventually reach an age where life takes away more than it gives. How true. God bless.

Back
Top Bottom