A Noisy Way To End A Dive. Is There A Better Way? Let’s Find Out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a compressor and dive DIN and YOKE and NEVER use plugs or caps or blow or towel with No crap anywhere

Rather than wasting any leftover gas in the tank it's best to use a handheld air horn to dry off the regs.

It doesn’t require but a tiny bit of air to I push the moisture out. My SAC is good enough I can use residual gas. Only so much real estate in a dive bag and an air horn, for me, is a bit superfluous.

What are you after mate
It was a simple question. You said you never cap your regs, I wanted you to clarify.
How do you rinse them without getting water in them?
How do you keep crap out of them when they're stored?

Yoke valves are commonly used in Recreational diving, particularly in Asia. This is why I posted this video in the Basic Scuba Discussions section. Its’s faster to just give the dust cap 3 half second blast of air while in the rinsing area than to walk away to get a dry towel :). The point is, the excessive blasting of air to dry a dust cap is totally unnecessary and loud hahaha.

the excessive blasting of air to dry a dust cap is totally unnecessary and loud hahaha
But probably not as loud as an air horn.....

Do they really have to be 100% bone dry? I usually just blow the excess water off then put them in.

3 half second blast of air

Multiplied by 8-12-16-20 divers over 15 minutes incorporating tank swapping and reg testing and just when everything has calmed down the extra guy at the end does it and then someone else has a go and we haven't even started the second dives ablutions yet.

We don't really blow on our boats where most of the time everyone owns their own gear except sometimes when the extra guy or girl sneaks aboard but they don't seem to do it again.

Being last back aboard is good except for the good grog is already being guzzled

Etiquette = Smiling

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom