A Noisy Way To End A Dive. Is There A Better Way? Let’s Find Out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or one can take the dust caps off the reg set and not dive with them. I started doing this when I switched to DIN regs as the covers hold a bit of water. After the dive one just pulls the clean and dry dust cap out their kit and puts it on the reg...no problem, no hassle, no noise.

-Z

I've been thinking of coming up with some kind of device you could carry that could absorb moisture when it comes in contact with a surface. Such a device could have many uses and with further research and development might even useful to remove small amounts of dirt off of surfaces it comes in contact with.

This is one of my pet peeves! I don't think there is a reason to do it at all with your air, small lint free towel and wipe it off done, hearing intact. I have issues with repetitive sounds so I may not be the best judge of this.

I've been thinking of coming up with some kind of device you could carry that could absorb moisture when it comes in contact with a surface. Such a device could have many uses and with further research and development might even useful to remove small amounts of dirt off of surfaces it comes in contact with.
You could call it a...."dry rag."

People might be able to use them in their bathroom after taking a shower. The possibilities are endless!

People might be able to use them in their bathroom after taking a shower. The possibilities are endless!

Oh! I hadn't even thought about that. If I could use a device other than a scuba tank to dry off after a shower, that would be amazing. It's such a pain lugging up an HP120 to my bathroom whenever it runs out.

Hmmmm. . . dive with DIN regulators ??

Channeling some Carl Sagan...

+ Billions upon billions

Or one can take the dust caps off the reg set and not dive with them. I started doing this when I switched to DIN regs as the covers hold a bit of water. After the dive one just pulls the clean and dry dust cap out their kit and puts it on the reg...no problem, no hassle, no noise.

-Z

More Carl Sagan....

Back
Top Bottom