• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

A New Conch has arrived!!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Scuba_Jenny, Sep 13, 2008.

1. simbrooks

simbrooks Snr LayZboy Meteorologist ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thanks for the thoughts. All is well with Christina and Sophie. Thought i would throw a couple of pics up here as well.

Sophie was born 9/11 at 8.51pm at 7lbs 0oz and 19-inches long. She was due on 10/3, but had to be induced a little earlier - she would have been a bit larger at "term".

Not much else going on at the moment, diving still taking a backstage for a while. Both of us are going to work from home for a while while we sort out our schedules and such. Anyone wants to come over, just give us a call.

Also the mods might want to join this thread with the one Colin started minutes after this thread.

Attached Files:

2. simbrooks

simbrooks Snr LayZboy Meteorologist ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Also,

not sure about coming to events straight away, give it a little while!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  3. thedaddy

thedaddy Solo Diver

Naaa, Just get her into wrestling and martial arts and teach her good judgement. She'll make her own good decisions! (and get her a little brother ASAP - nothing like a dedicated opponent!)

4. Scuba_Jenny

Scuba_Jenny dirty-finned dive goddess ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    What a cutie!!! Congrats!!!

5. 300bar

300bar ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

threads merged

btw congrats with the new diver to be.:D

6. El Orans

El Orans ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
  7. CBulla

CBulla ~..facebook conch..~ ScubaBoard Supporter

Alrightie! Beat me to it!! What a great looking baby, satisfied looking mom and proud papa!

8. cardzard

cardzard ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they make girl firewoman hats ???

9. TwoBitTxn

TwoBitTxn Instructor, Scuba

10. Orlando Eric

Orlando Eric Instructor, Scuba

"---diving still taking a backstage for a while---"

Let me know when you are ready to start selling your gear off.. I think I would fit in your dry suit!! Think of all the diapers and baby stuff you can buy for that dusty gear in the back of the closet.

"Just get her into wrestling and martial arts and teach her good judgement"---

+1!! I can think of no more important stuff to teach your kids...

#1) Teach them to SWIM there is WAY more water than land and it is VERY DEADLY. I know of more than one Diver and/ or professional Swimmer who lost their own child because they did not teach them to swim.. if they can walk they can swim.

#2) Martial arts at an early age. Aikido, Judo for rolls and falls early on then Kali Knife / stick fighting when it is time to date. Only the boys she lets will touch her in the places she allows you will be able to tell who from whom by the broken or missing fingers.

#3) There are bad people out there and bad things to distract you from your life goals. Hard work and concentration today will lead to a life of comfortable relaxation later. Pause to smell the flowers but do not Stop and be lazy.

Good Luck to you and yours.

**the preceeding advice is from a person with no children but I meet the worst kids and parents and take note of their common failures.**

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008