A liveaboard week dedicated to young divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am wondering the logistics and the level of interest in a live aboard week dedicated to young divers and their diving parents.

I am the diving father of a young diver. She is almost 11 and has been pool diving since age 8 with PADI seals and is now a certified diver limited to 40 feet. I have done Key Largo with her and we have done several Cozumel reefs.

I am wondering what sort of interest their would be for one of the liveaboards to dedicate a week to people like myself and my daughter where the following would be offered:
1. Affordability
2. All dives/reefs limited to 40 feet
3. Since my daughter cannot really, at 11, be my dive buddy I would need a dive buddy to dive with us. Not sure what the ideal ratio would be but perhaps one DM for every 2 child/adult teams.

It would be an amazing experience and would be incredibly educational as well and so limiting it to school vacation time would not be a huge factor but limiting it to times when the ocean is tame would be a big factor.

Would love to hear from others and the liveaboards as well

Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom