A little help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdb

Reaction score
I checked the marine weather and the seas are going to be too rough for my boat this Saturday. So I figured that we would do a shore dive, only my tide chart has high tide at close to midnight. Lets say I am dead set on doing a dive this weekend and I am not going to the springs where would the best conditions be at around the pensacola/Destin area?

Depends on your experience level. I've dove the jetties in Destin several times regardless of the outgoing tide. If you know how to deal with and are willing to deal with the particular conditions you will face, the jetties can be a very nice dive. I took my wife and 13 year old daughter there for 1 dive last summer when the weather blew us out of a two tank trip with Scuba Tech.

Dave

The weather in Destin this weekend is not looking real good for offshore - if it was I'd be gonig... :D

The Jetties at Destin are shore-diveable, and you can reach 30-40 feet if you go around the corner. DO NOT attempt diving the jetties at other than high tide; the vis will be for nil at low tide, and if you attempt it while the tide is running you risk being swept out to sea (or blown inward towards the bridge.)

Thanks for the replys, I was thinking of the destin jetties but have dove them before on an incoming tide and it can be more of a workout then I was looking for this weekend. Has anyone ever dove the perdido jetties on a moving tide?

Back
Top Bottom