A little help please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I found some silly putty to play with for the moment :D Might try the tennis ball later.

I have the same problem occasionally. Is your instructor requiring it be done with one hand?

If not, hold the hose an inch or two from the fitting with your left hand, next grip the fitting with your right hand and push toward your left. This way you're not holding and pinching with the same hand.

Just keep practicing, though I highly recommend the DSS hose hats. I've seen them and used them and they work like a charm.

BTW, I love the new avatar!

Gidds:
Ok I hope somebody else has this problem and can help me: I have itty bitty hands that aren't that strong and I cannot disconnect the inflator hose from my drysuit with my gloves on they won't sign off on my drysuit specialty until I can. Any tricks or tips?

You might also try thinner gloves, I can do it with my 3 mm gloves, but it is a royal pain with the 5's.
Good luck :D .
O.

Gidds:
Ok I hope somebody else has this problem and can help me: I have itty bitty hands that aren't that strong and I cannot disconnect the inflator hose from my drysuit with my gloves on they won't sign off on my drysuit specialty until I can. Any tricks or tips?

Same problem. I can do it with barehands, but when I add gloves to the mixture...no such luck. I did my OW cert in a dry suit, and I had to get my instructor to disconnect it for me. My buddy (also female) couldn't do it either. I guess we just need to improve hand strength and keep practicing!

practice, practice, practice

And yes, those nifty little hose hats, wings are nice for yourself. But can you get a standard hose fitting off someone else's drysuit in the event you may have to aid/rescue them? Get one of those helpers (I had one for nearly 200 dives) but just keep practicing.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom