A little help please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
Ok I hope somebody else has this problem and can help me: I have itty bitty hands that aren't that strong and I cannot disconnect the inflator hose from my drysuit with my gloves on they won't sign off on my drysuit specialty until I can. Any tricks or tips?

Yea make sure the hose has a nice big ring or other feature that lets you get a bite on it. The one on my suit is about the size of a quarter, very glove friendly.

BTW when you get your own BC make sure you get the same thing so you can disconnect if you get a runaway inflator valve some day.

There are some press on accesories that will do this as well. I think that's what Tamas is referring to.

Fear not, it's a gear issue, not you.

Pete

Get hold of one of the Bare dry suit inflation hoses, it has what looks like a set of wings at the connection that allow an excellent grip of the connector shroud.

the K

Try a Hose Hat.

LINK Go to Hoses and Fittings/ Adaptors

Can you do it without gloves? If so, then practice it with gloves until you can get it. Of course, if the hose is frozen to the valve, it presents a new challenge...

Alternatively, try to get gloves that have more grip. I have Pinnacle gloves that have Kevlar from palm to fingertip; makes for a great grip.

Yes I can do it barehanded with a fair amount of effort. I'm stuck with the hose cap from the shop for the moment though. I will practice with my gloves on until I get it I guess.

Gidds:
Ok I hope somebody else has this problem and can help me: I have itty bitty hands that aren't that strong and I cannot disconnect the inflator hose from my drysuit with my gloves on they won't sign off on my drysuit specialty until I can. Any tricks or tips?

hi gidds
i had the same problem when i started
the sugestion that was made to me was to strengthen the hand and fingers by squeezing a tennis ball
after a week of excersise with the ball i had stregthened my hands that it was no longer a problem.
hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom