A List of Modern Sidemount Systems (complete)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, please excuse the pictures. I am driving and stopped at a rest area to take them.

The Manta Industries rig is a single bladder with 50 lbs of lift. It has two dumps and on inflator, all located inside the wing for protection.
e5y6u4ub.jpg

3e9enysy.jpg

The plates are coated and smoothed.
nujuma9y.jpg
ra3u9udy.jpg

The chambered bladder has a low profile when fully inflated and is thicker near the bottom. It inflates in to your lumbar area and wraps around your sides slightly. It also has bungee webbing to hold the bottom/sides down.
y4ute5ys.jpg

yqehu6up.jpg

It comes with a HighSeas mill works butterfly buttplate.
2abegadu.jpg

Modifications I have made to mine include; dive rite tech buttplate, old school bungee loops, additional drings on shoulders, weight pouches on the shoulders for easy addition of trim weights, and a chest strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

James... thanks for that. Looking at your pic, this is the same Manta I've seen for sale in Manila. I had guessed that the one I had seen might just have been a different (earlier) iteration... I think I was wrong. They seem very different. Seems there is two 'Manta Sidemounts' on the market.

I'll get that corrected ASAP.

No problem man!

The struggle with putting this list together.... goes to show the trouble involved tracking down decent information/specs/photos of these varied units. Don't these people WANT to sell product??

Absolutely. I only learned of it because a post on CDF. I know of five others with it and one store in cave country that sells it. Shame. It's a great rig. I wish they had more info on their website.

It's sad, because most of these websites are truly barren deserts of information. Specifications are thread-bare, few (if any) legible photos.. For most of the models listed, I can't even get hold of the barest details...

With the bigger brands now firmly moving into the market, the innovation and pioneering spirit shown by these fore-running 'micro' manufacturers will be well and truly eclipsed.

Back
Top Bottom