A line in the sand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lionfish-eater

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
To be safe, just don't cross the line in the sand!

[vimeo]39682945[/vimeo]

:confined:Get out of the jar!

GoPro?

I'm confused...at first I thought I was looking at a coldwater dive, perhaps a spring, not to cross the line into the upwelling.

However after a few watches, it seems to be saltwater. Upwelling from a strong current off a wall?

From other Vimeo videos - some from Cozumel. Isn't the problem over there down currents? They spawn mini-tornadoes at the wall edge?

Most likely a GoPro camera without a color filter or lights, thus the colors are off. Typical Cozumel current moving you along at a brisk pace......

I thought the go pro underwater footage always had circular edges...did they fix that or is it a specific housing?

Hi it is a sony hdr sr7, with a carl zeiss lens, in an ocean images case. The filter is off as are the lights. This is a low quality internet download. The images are amazingly clear when I hook the computer directly to the HDTV. I can burn bluray discs from my computer, but still best image is direct from computer. This was taken in Coz the second week of March.

There are a number of flat lense solutions for the gopro's which will repair the focus issues from the standard housing. When using most of these you need to shoot in 1080p which will remove the edge issue you refer to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom