A hello and Thank you from the Central Coast of Ca.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billyfrank

Reaction score
Just found this site and I am stoked by the size of the community and content here. I will be the guy bugging you all alot for info since I am a newbie to the sport.
I was certified last year and since then have had a new baby so there has not been much oppurtunity lately but, I vowed to get out for some bugs this year and maybe a few lings if I get the chance.
I am here in Santa Maria, Ca. so if anyone wants to hook up and dive please motivate me and send an e-mail.
Thanks a bunch,
Billy

Welcome aboard. I am from central CA and about 1.5hrs from morro bay.

By the way do you guys have any good kayak shops in santa maria that sell cobra fish n dive kayaks? I think someone told me there was one located there, although i may be wrong?

I think Central Coast Kayaks has some, not sure though.
Where abouts central Ca?
Billy

Let me know if you are in ever in the Orange County area and want to go hunting buggs. I can usually be ready in a moments notice. :)

Hey Billy, I'm in the central valley, I'll hook uy with you for MB, Montana De Oro, are you game for Monterey? And do you spearfish? zeN||

Have not dove those area's yet. but definately interested. I also plan on getting into some spearfishing. Do you use a hawaiin sling or some other type?
Thanks,
Billy

billyfrank once bubbled...
Have not dove those area's yet. but definately interested. I also plan on getting into some spearfishing. Do you use a hawaiin sling or some other type?
Thanks,
Billy

Those places are great fun to dive.

I have both, so if you get together for a dive with me and zen you can try each one to see what you like.I used a spearpole for quite a while before buying a speargun so i could get some bigger fish. :D

I Like to use them both, several varieties, really like spear poles, have a few fine specimens, but the spear poles seem pretty limited, in low viz I find them a bit cumbersome :) zeN

Thanks Guys,
Like I said, I have not dove in a while but am anxious to get back to it. Definately have to hook-up some time for a dive. I might just need a little notice as I work alot of weekends.
Spear pole the same as hawain sling?
Thanks,
Billy

Back
Top Bottom