Hi from the CA Central Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all. My wife and I got certified together on our honeymoon about 15 years ago. We dove for a couple years, but once we had kids took a pretty lengthy hiatus. We got back into diving a few years ago, and now make it a point to do at least one dive trip a year, just the 2 of us. So far we’ve done Hawaii, Mexico, Belize, and Fiji, with more in the works. I’m a DM candidate now, and looking forward to taking the IDC, hopefully in the fall. I’ve Been a ghost on here for a bit and finally decided to make a profile. Thank you all for creating such a great community and resource.

Welcome! Are you doing your DM training locally? I had a chance to dive the central coast briefly a year ago and loved it. You guys have stuff in 20 feet of water that we Angelenos have to go to 100 feet to see, and some stuff we don't see much at all!

Welcome! Are you doing your DM training locally? I had a chance to dive the central coast briefly a year ago and loved it. You guys have stuff in 20 feet of water that we Angelenos have to go to 100 feet to see, and some stuff we don't see much at all!
I am. Doing it through Santa Barbara Aquatics. Fantastic shop and crew. My wife and I had never dove in CA until we did our AOW out at the Channel Islands. We had no idea what we’d been missing.

If you can be comfortable diving in California (e.g., between Channel Islands and Santa Cruz/Monterey Bay) then all warm water diving to come will be a breeze!!! So many fond memories of diving Santa Cruz Island. Enjoy!!!

Back
Top Bottom