A good store to get batteries made - Polar Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheWetRookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
HI All, I thought I would pass this on as I was very pleased with the service I had with a battery company.

My canister light had died and it has an odd size battery, it is the dive rite mini-wreck (or stubby can). Anyway it would cost me a pretty penny to get one from dive right as it would be a custom made battery so I stopped in at Polar Battery in Burnaby and well they hooked me up good.

The battery was made in 1 day and with taxes only cost me $91. I have it charging right now so I am still diving this weekend.

So here is their info in you want it.

Polar Battery
1246 Boundary RD, Burnaby
604-294-5008

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. After dropping my UK rechargeable pack, and seeing how simple the guts are, I've been looking for a good source for DIY parts.

I'm starting to think you only recommend businesses in Burnaby... :p

I was paid to make this announcement :wink: :rofl3:

I think we need to make a thread/sticky for local dive related resources.

That is not a bad idea, we can list all the black market shops :cool2:

I thought I'd update this thread with my own experience today.

I partially flooded my UK Light Cannon, which contained my rechargeable Ni-Cad pack from UK.

I found these guys: Battery World, Vancouver, BC - Every Battery, Every Purpose, Every Time! We carry batteries and accessories for applications such as Laptop, Cell Phone, Golf, RV, Marine, Automotive, Motorcycle, Solar, Cordless Tools & Devices, etc.

They will rebuild my pack with 3200mAh (mine are 2800) and while their Cs are 4.9 cm long and mine are 4.75, I think, with the spring, it'll still fit.

The cost? CAD$64.

I'm going there tomorrow and bringing everything to make sure it all fits before giving them the order. I'll update this thread accordingly.

Wish me luck!

cool, let us know

I liked Polar Battery as well.

I just wish they could supply LiPo battery packs, then I'd be one happy monkey.

Back
Top Bottom