A GOOD review for Oman diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victory

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok so i read some of the less than happy reviews on Oman and I have to say I think although they may feel their issues where real, i think they may have just found a bad operator.

I have just finished 10 days in Muscat and I spent a few days researching the local dive operators and dive sites. I ended up deciding that i would visit a few when i got there to see how it all looked. I discovered that their are many small backdoor operators that fail to meet the local required standards and to be honest they fail to meet the standards of even the most rough and ready divers.

However, I discovered there are a few excellent operators. After spending a day visiting 4 diver operators i decided of a relatively new company called GO DIVE OMAN. It is owned by a really friendly couple from New Zealand called Daryl and Jen.

the crew where really friendly and the dive sites where excellent. I found there dive team to have great local knowledge and of a high professional standard.

they told me that the vis had been rubbish for the last 2 weeks due to an algae bloom - but i had 5 dives of excellent diving with great vis of around 20m. some spots 15m and somw 25m but i was never unhappy.

I have no issue recommending Oman as a great dive spot - and i would hope that my fellow divers would also realize that the trip is also about your time on land. Muscat is an awesome arabian city that still has the true look and feel of Oman. you can also find plenty of places for a cold beer and a night out.

its not like the tacky "shopping center" look of dubai or Doha, its a city worth seeing with plenty of unique local sites - including old Spanish forts in the mountains.

i was given a ton of great advice on local site to see and activities to do from Daryle and Jen - Muscat has high end hotels and accommodation for the budget aware - i advice you to do your reseacrh then email Daryle for any local knowledge you may need.

Oman is a great place and i will be back, and not just for the diving!

Daryle and Jen's details
GO OMAN DIVING
GO Dive Oman :: For the best diving in all of Oman trust GO Dive Oman.
(+968)992 89 200
email : daryle@godiveoman.com

enjoy its well worth a look

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom