a few primary lights choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm debating between 3 'good prices' canister primary lights, all from divegear express while they can be found at other places:

a) Hollis 16W LED, 849$
has the tighter beam, but the lowest burn time

b) Dive rite LED LUX, 679$
Little smaller, cheaper, wider beam, longer burn time

c) DiveRite 700, 499$
smallest, cheapest, almost similar beam as the LUX, and little longer burn time.

I see b) as the wrong compromise, as being in between not really having more value compared to the DR700. (but i may be missing something there).

The 'benchmark' divegear express did there : Beam Comparisons for LED Dive Lights - Dive Gear Express
seems the show that the Hollis would be better for signalling, which is one important decision factor. But beam size difference not large, and I'm wondering if within rec. open water limits, the DR700 would do pretty good for buddy signaling too.

Any hints for people who have used them or even multiples of them ?

thanks a lot

I wouldn't make any decisions regarding the LED LUX until after you've fully read this thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dive-rite/308949-led-lux.html

I was thinking about an LED but after talking with a few PDIC and GUE instructors they pointed out the good and the bad. The Halcyon 21w HID is on my list. Just want that lightsaber effect and punch. :D

Back
Top Bottom