A few pictures from Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Maggie,
Well, for being both a new diver and a new photographer, you take great photos!
You'd be surprised how many diver/photogs with more experience don't do half-as well as you already do. You have good insincts on getting great looking shots.
Since your budget is limited, I'd advise buying a strobe first, then you can add a wide-angle lens when your budget allows.
Cheers & keep on shooting!
Paul

Maggy, we must have been there close to the same time...All in all, I think you have some very good pics....Basically I shoot the 720's 1st cousin ie the 570 & like the performance(I use no external strobe either) for what my expectations are ..IMO, benefits to no strobe-- alot less 'stuff' to haul down(I shot 35mm with a strobe for over 12 yrs & enjoy being able to 'throw' just my towel wrapped UW housing in my carryon & fly--no extra carryon to worry about).....

Here are a few I've uploaded from that trip..I think with a little PS you'll enjoy your setup even more.....check out some of my, I think anyway-lol, better shots below in my sig......Using the 'de-backscattering' function has really helped out some of mine...good luck & keep us posted on future pics you get....good going

CZMApr09 pictures by GEAUXtiger - Photobucket

Maggy, we must have been there close to the same time...All in all, I think you have some very good pics....Basically I shoot the 720's 1st cousin ie the 570 & like the performance(I use no external strobe either) for what my expectations are ..IMO, benefits to no strobe-- alot less 'stuff' to haul down(I shot 35mm with a strobe for over 12 yrs & enjoy being able to 'throw' just my towel wrapped UW housing in my carryon & fly--no extra carryon to worry about).....

Here are a few I've uploaded from that trip..I think with a little PS you'll enjoy your setup even more.....check out some of my, I think anyway-lol, better shots below in my sig......Using the 'de-backscattering' function has really helped out some of mine...good luck & keep us posted on future pics you get....good going

CZMApr09 pictures by GEAUXtiger - Photobucket

Thank you both paul and diver 85! I know, more equipment takes more space. I will see what I'll do, but I need to do something to take it to the next step.

Looked at your pictures and they were great. I liked the trunk family, never seen so many at the same time. I also envy those who manage to get good pictures of spotted drums. They are beautiful, but so far my drum pictures have been blurry.

In general I found it a little bit more difficult to take pictures in Cozumel, due to the strong currents. But I guess that's also something you learn in time.

Well, with a little over five months to next opportunity to dive (I want warm water) I have time to dream about it:D.

Thank you both paul and diver 85! I know, more equipment takes more space. I will see what I'll do, but I need to do something to take it to the next step.

Looked at your pictures and they were great. I liked the trunk family, never seen so many at the same time. I also envy those who manage to get good pictures of spotted drums. They are beautiful, but so far my drum pictures have been blurry.

In general I found it a little bit more difficult to take pictures in Cozumel, due to the strong currents. But I guess that's also something you learn in time.

Well, with a little over five months to next opportunity to dive (I want warm water) I have time to dream about it:D.

Maggy, agree 100% on pics in CZM---I HATE picture diving there due to current but it's so cheap & easy for us to get there.We sold our house of 14 years on Roatan last fall for that EXACT reason ie cost now ~$600 US pp(vs 300 or less to CZM) to Roatan and time---takes 1 + days(overnited MANY a time in San Salvador or La Ceiba going to Roatan) vs we're in CZM in a little over 2 hours for noon time & diving @ 2PM the day we travel.....All travel out of Houston that we live 2.5 hrs from..

Below is the place we sold, unit 1B-60 yds from the waterline----ALREADY starting to miss it...next trip(& we'll go back @ some point just to visit all our friends there) will be trip 26.....

Tropical Island Vacation at Sundancer Cabanas, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
front.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom