A few more from Cypress Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I think I'm finished for now with the pics from this trip. I've put some more in my gallery. These are just a few to share.

26242alocal.jpg

26242treebowl-med.jpg

26242bugcavern-med.jpg

Those are great pictures, but I'm a little confused. I thought Cypress Springs closed because the property was sold to a private entity that wanted to bottle the water.

I'd be back there in a shot because it's one of the prettiest, most natural springs in the area.

It closed but the bottling company has never set up operation. There is no land access to the spring so you have to go by canoe. While there diving you can't get on land (only the water is public property). It makes for a great inventing experience for changing tanks :D .

SeaYoda:
It closed but the bottling company has never set up operation. There is no land access to the spring so you have to go by canoe. While there diving you can't get on land (only the water is public property). It makes for a great inventing experience for changing tanks :D .

:rofl: I'll say!

Thanks for the update. It's a pity that us land-based divers have no access to it any more. :sad:

You can rent a canoe from Vortex, thats actually what we did for this dive(and the one on the 28th). They are $50 to rent, if you can bring the canoe to the boat ramp yourself - $100 if you want them to deliver and pick up the canoe.

Back
Top Bottom