a few Ambergris questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How far out are the dive sites from Ambergris? I ask because my wife is a non-diver so the less I'm gone the better.
How is the diving? I'm totally spoiled by the Coral Triangle so my standards are pretty high.

How's the weather in January? I'm mostly concerned about high winds?

Any sand flies?

And yes I'm being lazy and not going through all the old threads looking for this info.

Huracan Diving.
www.blueholedivingbelize.com

Isn't Huracan out on an island, isolated, and no air-conditioning? Some people don't mind a lack of AC (I suspect often lean people or those from warm climates).

"We want to be close to town. It doesn't have to be ocean view. Nice grounds are a plus. Hammocks are a plus. A pool is nice but not an absolute. She might even like a kitchenette. We will definitely rent a cart for a day or two, but want to be within easy walking distance of town."

Dirtfarmer start by taking a look at Mata Rocks and let me know what you think. It is a bit out of walking range to town unless you guys are big walkers. And I'll put my thinking cap on. Do you have a budget in mind? Feel free to share this with me in a pm if you'd rather not get into it here.

I love Isla Bonita Yacht Club. It is just south of town. It is easy walking to and from town, but away from the noise. They all have kitchens. The gardens are the nicest on AC. It has a nice pool. It is a 10 minute walk from Island Divers. I'll be there tomorrow morning.

You're so lucky to be on the island now. Normally, I'd be leaving for BZE in a week from now but not this year. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom