a few adjustments as I learn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am trying to get it all in my head...how do you think the reconditioned one looks? It is OK to your eye - as I am sure you know, it gets harder to fine tune the more you look at it!

I am taking some time in between things at work to search for how to add that copyright thingy...stay tuned, I might just work it out yet

Looking Good! :thumb:

alcina:
Before...and after

What do we think of the after?

The before pic is a noticeable improvement. BTW, did you ever think of playing with the colour mix to take out some of the blue/green & replace it with some red/orange/magenta in order to make it look less "all blue"?

Just a thought.

Yah.. I know.. they happen so infrequently. :wink:

SubMariner:
BTW, did you ever think of playing with the colour mix to take out some of the blue/green & replace it with some red/orange/magenta in order to make it look less "all blue"?

Just a thought.

:wink:

this is just my opinion but why dont you download her pic and make the changes your talking about and post it back here. i dont think she would mind and then maybe dummies like myself can learn even more if you tell us how you did it.

thanks,
steve

SubMariner - By all means go ahead and do what DMSteve suggested. I don't know how to do what you suggested and I'll bet I am not the only one out there who would like some pointers!

As to the blueness - I like the blueness (the brighter one) as that is what it looked like while we were under there. BUT I would love to know how to adjust it as per your post!

DivemasterSteve:
this is just my opinion but why dont you download her pic and make the changes your talking about and post it back here. i dont think she would mind and then maybe dummies like myself can learn even more if you tell us how you did it.

thanks,
steve

Hi Steve!

Great idea. Unfortunately with the size of the picture posted to the board, it just didn't work. When I tried to increase the size of the image to work on it, it simply blurred all the pixels beyond recognition. NOT a good thing.

Now please understand, I'm not an expert in PS by any means. However, I have a little backgrond in art & printing that enable me to teach myself some tricks that are helpful in the "darnit I didn't get close enough so everything is all blue" department. So please don't expect professional answers from this yooser.

However, there are several techiniques I use to balance out the colour. The first is to Adjust using the Auto Levels. However, it has a tendency to get a little crazy sometimes on the oranges & reds or push the whites into other colour areas.

The next easiest fix is the Colour Balance. It consists of 3 slides:
1) Cyan----Red
2) Magenta----Green
3) Yellow----Blue

They are paired this way because the colours on one side are the opposites on the colour wheel to the colours on the other side. So, if you want to get rid of the cyan (sort of a neon blue colour) you move the slide over more towards the red. Same for the rest of the colours. However, it is NOT very selective and will do ALL parts of the image, not specific areas like the whites, reds, etc.

Finally, is Selective Colour. I find it the most precise way to play with colour. It's set up similarly to the Colour Balance except it has 4 slides: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black. (The four primary colours in printing.) However, what makes it more precise is the fact that it has a pull down menu of colours to choose from: red, yellow, green, etc. So in that way you only affect one particular colour.

For example, you are not close enough to a subject and you get too much cyan but it's only really noticeable in the sand (which is supposed to be white), then you can pull down white from the menu and move the cyan slide into the minus area until you take out all the cyan out of the sand you want to take out.

That's a really simple overview from a really simple yooser. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom