A dive for the Chipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i know! pakman's animated avatar :D can you post that again, dear leader :D

clgsamson:
funny, I had the same idea. Sort of a parting tribute to a great guy...

If I may suggest..the next CHip pic...same attire but full body shot and chip wearing them blue swimmers..
suggestion noted and denied. :)

Diver Dennis:
What exactly do you do? You are involved in Marine Biology?

trying to be, anyway :)

i collect seawater samples for phytoplankton analysis and if there are toxic species, i isolate and culture them in the lab. the sediments are also for collecting microalgae but in another part of their life cycle. it's also useful for determining the historical profile of harmful algal blooms (red tides), i.e. when it occurred in the past and what type of species it was that bloomed.

and i don't know why i'm telling you all about this boring stuff :D

iris_ice:

i collect seawater samples for phytoplankton analysis and if there are toxic species, i isolate and culture them in the lab. the sediments are also for collecting microalgae but in another part of their life cycle. it's also useful for determining the historical profile of harmful algal blooms (red tides), i.e. when it occurred in the past and what type of species it was that bloomed.

looks like some C.S.I. stuff to me...definitely not boring :D

iris_ice:

Dang, Beauty and Brains....

Cabana boy is so lucky!

Ooops, I forgot, our resident stud muffin is a scientist too....:D

Perfect Match?

I find it quite interesting Iris. I dated a Mexican Oceanologist for almost 2 years and I'm very interested in Marine Biology. We'll have to have a chat in Anilao. I could use someone like you when we film in the PI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom