A day of pleasant suprises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZzzKing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Woke up at 7:15am. Not 6am with a crying one tear old. Not 6:30 with a babbling five year old. 7:15 in a quiet house with a sleeping wife. None of this was a suprise. We shipped the kids off to the grandparents for a few days.

Splashed at the east side ladder at Clear Springs at 9:30. Visinilty was in the good to excellent range. No suprise there. Dive 1 was along to wall and then across to the airplane for several swim throughs. Could almost see all the way from one end to the other. Had yet to see a diver on this dive. I turned back along the west side flats and ended up at the small boat. I came around the bow low and encountered the first divers of the day. Three overweighted arm waving flutter kicking menaces to anything on the bottom. I ducked as close as I could to the boat and covered my mask with my arm as they went by. The rest of their squadron was hovering over the boat and having to kick straight down to maintain position. I do a quick in and out of the cabin and head for the other boat which I find quite easily since someone had run a line between the two. I'm almost certain it was a different gaggle of divers but you would never know it based on their technique. Pleasant suprise #1: I've been to all three sites numerous times but for some reason I've never hit the trifecta on a single dive. Dive 1: 1 hour 20 mintues.

During the surface interval I walk over to check out the NTSRA booths and register for the treasure hunt. I walk over to tale advantage of the restroom facilities. There is a guy changing next to the sink. The top of his head is very familiar. I'm going on record as having the first Knappenburger sighting in quite a while. Pleasant suprise #2: Welcome back Alan!

The treasure hunt finishes up. I win some mask defog suit cleaner and miscellaneous other PSI stuff. A friend wishes me better luck in the raffle. Things are not looking good in the raffle either. No new Atomic mask. No new high dollar split fins. (It's just as well. I read on the Internet that you will DIE if you use split fins) No Scubapro BC. We're down to the last prize...

Pleasant suprise #3: I am the proud new owner of an Aqualung Micron regulator! :)

(It's just as well. I read on the Internet that you will DIE if you use split fins) No Scubapro BC. We're down to the last prize...

Pleasant suprise #3: I am the proud new owner of an Aqualung Micron regulator! :)

......but some days are just special.:D

ps. i still have those atomics for sale.....:rofl3: it's good to hear Alan was out and about again today, oh Alan, wanna be a boat captain? :D

~tony

Sounds like a most excellent day at the pond Zzz....

Craig it was a nice time visiting with you and John and the gal (?) over by my car later in the afternoon. This surface swimming is for the ducks! !!! Congrats on winning that sweet reg.!

Congrats on winning the reg and keeping your mask on your face when the gaggle swooped past..

Cool deal ZzzKing... 'Glad you had a nice day out Sans Kiddos :D

I would have joined you guys but Kunk35 and I had to work at Lake Texoma today.

They call us the Cable Guys :wink:

The Cable Guys? Oh God! This isn't another vocation that is going to give you a big head is it?

Good to see you Craig! Alan, as always you rock! I am sorry you could only swim with the ducks.
and the gal was Gena.

Cool deal ZzzKing... 'Glad you had a nice day out Sans Kiddos :D
QUOTE]
He better hope that Natalie doesn't find out he went to the lake when she was gone! :rofl3::rofl3: Hey Alan, there's you a snorkel buddy that's a pro!

Ooops, never mind, just remembered we'll be sneaking off without our grandkids... :shocked2:
We'll have to go camping the following week at DF to make it up....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom