A couple photos from Catalina last weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice shots!

Beautiful shots. Getting that close on a Blue-Banded Goby is tough. Good vis day and a 105mm, I presume.

Hi Larry. The vis was only so-so, but I'm a Canon shooter so I used the 100mm macro. I actually got a few images with my MacroMate that nearly filled the frame with the face. The problem was that at f/18 they were TOO close and I couldn't get the eye and face in focus.

How'd you sneak up on the goby? They always run away from me... :(

Really fantastic shots! What kind of canon are you using?

Steve... those shots came out nice! Good to meet you two on the King Neptune. Let me knbow if you ever need a guest speaker at the Paradise DC.
Hi Dr Bill. It was nice meeting you as well. We are always looking for speakers at the dive club. Our meetings are the last Tuesday of each month. Let me know when you are going to be in town and perhaps we can set something up.

Ken, I don't know Steve Madaras, Sorry.

Alcina. The juvenile garibaldi are very cute. When they get older they lose their brilliant blue spots. There were lots of juveniles, but none of them were smaller than about 5 inches. I was hoping to get a really small one, but they are very skittish.

spt29970
Both of those are magnificent! Is Steve Madaras (sp?) still involved with Catalina Scuba Luv?
++Ken++

No, Steve and Diana are in Hawaii.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom